By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The VGChartz "The Last Story" thread! Predict First Week and Lifetime sales for the game in America!

Tagged games:

What will The Last Story sell first week in the US?

>50k 3 16.67%

50-70k 4 22.22%

70-90k 2 11.11%

90-110k 2 11.11%

110-130k 0 0%

130-140k 0 0%

140-160k 2 11.11%

160-180k 0 0%

<180k 0 0%

See results 5 27.78%

Total:18

In just a few weeks, the hit JRPG "The Last Story" will finally hit the American shorelines, to the joy of many gamers. The 45- chapter epic, set in Lazulis Island, is from renouned JRPG developer Hironobu Sakaguchi, and has so far been greated with much critical acclaim.

But, how well will it sell in America? Will you buy it? It's launch is currently scheduled for the 10th July, and it'll be interesting to see just how well-recieved it is, and whether or not it'll sell just as well as Xenoblade.

For reference, here's Xenoblade's sales WW, and also TLS.

Xenoblade Japan EU USA

R.O.W*

The Last Story Japan EU R.O.W*
FW 82,083 25,758 141,593 3,201 FW 112,021 27,342 3,603
Ten Weeks 138,068 88,386 243,635 (projected) 8,903 Ten Weeks 159,859 66,166 8,713
LTD 158,998 182,908 239,842 (9 weeks) 72,091 LTD 182,776 74,184 12,077

*The R.O.W First Weeks and 10 Weeks values may be incorredct due to not being released worldwide.

Looking at these trends, it would seem as though TLS will launch slightly higher than Xenoblade, I'd imagine the 150k area. However, the current pre-orders are much lower than Xenoblade's, so this may not be the case.

As far as LT is considered, I can see TLS hitting 350k in America. But what about you? Post below and vote in the poll!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I do not see the hyper for this game anymore. I will give it 130 thousand just because I do not think it can go past Xenoblade. But 100,000 plus is almost a given because of the guy whonmade it, and the quality of the game.

If Nintendo was cool they would start making bundles for the wii with its last few games. Last story decals all over the wii, now that would be cool!

Have you played it yet Conegamer?

Yes, I've played it, and it's a very good game! I don't know why the hype isn't there for it, though.

It's no Xenoblade, but it's certainly the one which had the most support from the campaign.

50k-70k FW in NA. 300k LT in NA.

Let's not forget that XSEED is planning a limited run.

Also you have the > and

Btw the current pre-orders are about 30k in the USA.

Xenoblade was at about 80k at the same point in time.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Boutros said:

Btw the current pre-orders are about 30k in the USA.

Xenoblade was at about 80k at the same point in time.

30,000 with two weeks left? Not looking too good. Even at 10,000 a week that is only 50,000 plus what ever else it can push out during the week. I will stay where I am at Conegamer, but it is not looking too good.

No the game isn't coming out in 2 weeks. It's been delayed to an unknown date but it's estimated to come out sometime in August.

But yeah I changed my prediction to 50k-70k. The fact that it's XSEED that is publishing the game and not Nintendo worries me a little on the advertisement aspect.

Boutros said:
But yeah I changed my prediction to 50k-70k. The fact that it's XSEED that is publishing the game and not Nintendo worries me a little on the advertisement aspect.

out of interest, what is XSEED like with advertising?

Nintendo did a pretty good job imo in Europe.  I don't remember any tv ads solely for the game, but we had this:

NoE also had Sakaguchi visit various European cities, giving Q&A sessions and generally promote the game; something that I don't remember happening with Miyamoto for Mario/Zelda or Sakurai for Brawl.

When I saw him about a week pre-release at BAFTA in London, he even signed my FFV Advance cartridge as well as the poster you see.

MrT-Tar said:
Boutros said:

out of interest, what is XSEED like with advertising?

Nintendo did a pretty good job imo in Europe.  I don't remember any tv ads solely for the game, but we had this:

NoE also had Sakaguchi visit various European cities, giving Q&A sessions and generally promote the game; something that I don't remember happening with Miyamoto for Mario/Zelda or Sakurai for Brawl.

When I saw him about a week pre-release at BAFTA in London, he even signed my FFV Advance cartridge as well as the poster you see.

Well XSEED is too small of a company and doesn't have the fund to make TV commercials (at least they never did). For example they published Little King's Story and pretty much no one knew of the existence of the game outside of avid forum-goers.

It doesn't help that they already made it clear that the game would receive a limited print.

Didn't VGC alter the way they gain pre-order numbers though? Because people were complaining they were massively overtracking some games, and not others?

I swear I remember reading that. Remember; the Xenoblade pre-orders were more than their FW sales.

And Xenoblade had a limited print also. But it still sold well, and continues to meet demand, no? I don't think that'll be a problem.

@T-Tar- So jealous... ;)