By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Who wants to play the DayZ mod? (Zombie Survival MMOFPS)

Tagged games:

A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease.

Go Solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.

Key Features

Realistic "Zombies" with custom animations - These once human creatures will act and behave as if they have a heighten sense of hearing and smell but less sight, on top of that they use motion captured animations such as walking and eating from your unconscious body. If you look into any built up area you'll see them walking around waiting for their next victim which dares to venture in.

New Weapons and Vehicles! - Ever felt like you needed a Crossbow? Or maybe a less military like weapon? If you have then this is perfect for you as we have both of these created to high quality standards all ready for your use in this wasteland. On top of that you can even pick up the bolts fired from the Crossbow to reuse! Not only that we also have created custom vehicles which can be repaired and ridden around to show the world what you're made of!

USEC Custom Medical System - ArmA II's magic medic feature is a thing of the past with this medical system - If you get shot, expect to bleed and to lose blood until you're bandaged up. Lost too much blood? Then expect to fall over unconscious. If you get shot in the leg then you won't be able to walk until you get morphine so you can man up. Pain is also a factor taken into consideration so without pain killers after taking an injury you'll continue to shake. This is medical at it's best!

Persistent Server - Fed up of spending so many hours working towards a goal or finding supplies and then the server crashes on you losing all your progress? Well with the DayZ server all stat's are saved to our external database so where ever you log off, whatever you have will be keep on you next time you come back in. This means you can spend however long you want doing what you want to do. As long as you don't die during the night!

Tons of new objects - We haven't just added in big things like weapons, we take pride in little details so expect to find things such as water canteens, a number of canned foods, junk and car parts (Along with more!) each of which have their own models, textures and UI imagery, once again all created to that high quality you expect in a full scale modification and we're sure you won't be disappointed with it. Nothing has been rushed.

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by a very subtle GUI which doesn't effect the atmosphere, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Heavy Optimisation - The DayZ server has been designed to give the best play possible. Custom coding and edits have created a smooth running world which can easily have 500 zombies (and more!) spawned at once! On top of that during test's the server has given high bandwidth to players with ping's ranging from 10 to 300+ meaning anyone can play and not slow the server down or feel at a disadvantage.

And Much More! - The only way to find out, Is to survive!

DayZ is developed by Dean “Rocket” Hall.

You will need Arma II: Combined Operations to play. My steam id is Andrespetmonkey (shocking), hit me up if you wanna play :)

Edit: Here are the recommended specs...

• Quad Core CPU or Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster)
  • 2 GB RAM
  • GPU (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT / ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM
Apm's just the tip: You NEED a QC for this game, it's super demanding.

Around the Network

So... When will this kind of stuff come to consoles?

:'(  '   '   '

BasilZero said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

You will need Arma II: Combined Operations to play. My steam id is Andrespetmonkey (shocking), hit me up if you wanna play :)

It says

This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.
If you know them encourage him/her to set up their profile and join in on the gaming!

Set up woman ;(

I have! I'm signed in right now!!!

pezus said:
Gift me Arma II and I will play it lol!

lol naht happening!

BasilZero said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
BasilZero said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

It says

This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.
If you know them encourage him/her to set up their profile and join in on the gaming!

Set up woman ;(

I have! I'm signed in right now!!!

^ is that you? Cause when I type in your name on search that is what shows up o.O.

Yes, that would be my email address. Don't as me what 'oty' is.

Recommended specs are now in op

Around the Network

Not able to run ARMA as far as I know, don't have much interest in zombies, and PC gaming for me is limited to Minecraft with mods, and also web/flash stuff. If need be, I can dig into stuff I have had, and am not even playing.

I would, but I don't own Arma 2 or the expansion.

Hopefully after the sales spike, perhaps there will be a sale. I don't want to buy both at normal price just to play DayZ.

IllegalPaladin said:

I would, but I don't own Arma 2 or the expansion.

Hopefully after the sales spike, perhaps there will be a sale. I don't want to buy both at normal price just to play DayZ.

Totally worth it ^_^

Gives an good example of the average session online....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ

I watched all the videos =p.

I've been playing alone lately and it can be incredibly frightening at night. It's literally pitch black in most places, you need to turn the gamma up just to see where you're going lol. I remember one time I stumbled into a small town somewhere, a couple metres past some old shed I could hear a few footsteps getting closer and closer, but as I could hear no groans I assumed another player(s) was following me, they would of let me know they were there if they were friendly. I had no ammo, so I had to get the fuck away or they'd rob/kill me. I ran straight for the closest house. Door was locked. I knew there was no way out so I just turned around, chucked a flare to see if they were still chasing me... and they weren't, there was nobody there, at least no humans that is, but there was a fucking army of zombies, all drawn to my flare, they started to sprint at me full speed, screaming, violently flailing... I don't think I've ever been so genuinely terrified in a game, or even IRL xD

The Mod is epic.