By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 - not on Wii.

Tagged games:

hi guys, since Resident Evil 4 Wii was a port and has sold  more than 2 mil copies; Why Capcom has never made Resident Evil 5 on Wii?

Capcom has a good relationship with Nintendo so cannot be that.

What do you think?

Royalty? Exclusivity to the HD twins? Will be a surprise Wii-U game?

Switch!!!

Around the Network

They don't look at their own sales numbers when deciding what to make next. They just assume it wouldn't sell.

the wii couldn't even run the title screen

They couldn't get the title screen running on the Wii..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

MrT-Tar said:
the wii couldn't even run the title screen

Damn you for clicking the mouse button 1 sec before me!! *shakes fist*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

That game was terrible, co-op games are terrible. Revelations online co-op wasn't even that cool.

Besides, are you really interested in the WII U exclusively getting ports of 7th gen. titles for the next 5 years, excusing of course that its not reliant on them due to the curse of UE4.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

It was known well before launch that RE5 was not coming to the Wii.

While the "opening screen" line may be "over the top" (and Capcom never does that), the lack of power of the console led Capcom to decide to release the game only on the HD systems.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

RolStoppable said:
Capcom and Nintendo had a good relationship between 2000 and 2004, followed by a break until about 2010. Capcom went the full on test-game-route on the Wii which worked as follows:

1) Test game fails to sell. Result: Stop supporting the system.
2) Test game sells well. Result: Make more test games until result #1 is achieved.

But Capcom doesn't shy away from rereleasing Resident Evil games on other platforms, so RE5 on Wii U is very probable to happen.

Right. Some sort of "ultimate" version of RE5, like Gold+ or something, is likely to come in the Wii U's first year.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

we will get it on WiiU as well as get RE6

good thing i never bought 5 on my 360

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It would set the Wii on fire.