By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Strange news: Nintendo Phasing Out 3DS Aqua Blue

Tagged games:

If you prefer your 3DS in aqua blue, you'd better act quick! The official 3DS hardware page says that production for the system's Aqua Blue color variation will be ending shortly.

Aqua Blue was one of the system's first two colors, launching alongside Cosmo Black on February 26, 2011. Cosmo Black appears to still be in production, as it does not have the same notice.

Other variations at the official site include Flare Red, Misty Pink, Ice White and Cobalt Blue.

http://andriasang.com/con0ze/3ds_aqua_blue_production/

This is the first time I heard a company is facing out a color of a gaming system. What do you think guys?

Around the Network

I don't understand why- it's the best colour :( It was really tough finding an aqua blue one at christmas- it kept getting sold out :p

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I don't really see a reason to stop producing it altogether, is it that much of a pain to keep it in production?

New blueish coloured model to be announced soon?

miz1q2w3e said:
I don't really see a reason to stop producing it altogether, is it that much of a pain to keep it in production?

the raw material to produce paint has risen over 20% last year and are still rising.. the Aqua blue is probably the more expensive one so it's not surprising they would drop a color..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
miz1q2w3e said:

the raw material to produce paint has risen over 20% last year and are still rising.. the Aqua blue is probably the more expensive one so it's not surprising they would drop a color..

Makes perfect sense.

Dampfi said:

New blueish coloured model to be announced soon?

Probably the Cobalt Blue 3DS, which looks really awesome.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

miz1q2w3e said:

The plant from which they extract the color ceased to exist. 

Joke aside it was by far the most awful color, here in Argentina almost all the stores want to sell you the Aqua blue first, because of the little popularity in front of Red or black. But yeah, unless it's a really unpopular color I don't see a reason to stop producing it.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

I got the Aqua Blue version a couple of months after launch, then my 7yr old sister got the red version last Christmas, she now let's me know on a regular basis that she's got the 'cooler' 3DS. I always thought that Aqua Blue was a really strange choice of colour for a launch model.

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:
I don't understand why- it's the best colour :( It was really tough finding an aqua blue one at christmas- it kept getting sold out :p

Really? It's by far the worst color.

Let's try to make sense out of your post. You say that it was hard to find, because it kept selling out. But under normal circumstances this doesn't make any sense because Aqua Blue is an awful combination of colors for the three layers, so it's not desirable. What I think is the cause for this phenomenon you have witnessed is the fact that you live in England where people in general have bad taste in everything.

It makes perfect sense.

I agree i have neve liked it!

Switch!!!