By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Battlefield 3 ships 15 million units

Tagged games:

1: It didn't take any share away from COD as far as sales indicate IMO.

2: Bloody great game though and excellent sales. Well deserved.

Around the Network

how much did CoD sale?

thats aint to shabby. almost GTA level. But it didnt take away cod sales it just means people bought both games or expanded the market.

guys, they don't say they took sales away, they say they took share away and this is true. black ops sold 26 million looking on vgc sales. bad company 2 sold 6.6 million. modern warfare 3 sold 27 million and battlefield 3 13 million.

so, the 2010 cod had ~80% share, the 2011 release has only ~67.5% marketshare

crissindahouse said:

guys, they don't say they took sales away, they say they took share away and this is true. black ops sold 26 million looking on vgc sales. bad company 2 sold 6.6 million. modern warfare 3 sold 27 million and battlefield 3 13 million.

so, the 2010 cod had ~80% share, the 2011 release has only ~67.5% marketshare

Ah, thank you for pointing that out. I was worried I would have to be the first one to point it out as I was scrolling down the page of comments.

Great job DICE at making an amazing game. Keep up the good work! I just hope EA doesn't push DICE to milk the series. I don't want to see Battlefield 4 next year. I want to see it when there can be a significant and epic update.

You know they'll throw us a BC3 before they do BF4 though.

Around the Network
wfz said:

Great job DICE at making an amazing game. Keep up the good work! I just hope EA doesn't push DICE to milk the series. I don't want to see Battlefield 4 next year. I want to see it when there can be a significant and epic update.

That's exactly what they will be doing.
We get Battlefield one year, Medal of Honour the next to milk people for all they're worth.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

NobleTeam360 said:
how much did CoD sale?

Modern Warfare 3 sold roughly double that, but BF3's sales are still impressive.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Millenium said:
1: It didn't take any share away from COD as far as sales indicate IMO.

2: Bloody great game though and excellent sales. Well deserved.

This is exactly what I think.

I said that Battlefield 3 would probably end up selling as much as COD 4 and so far it looks like my prediction is right on pace!

BF3 is awesome and I love BF. However, I don't think it stole market-share but simply had a lot of sales to those who also play COD.

I'm pretty sure COD is still selling the same amount every year... and any residual decline is more likely due to the fact that the game is stale.

You'd have to see steady overall declines in last years MW3 and this years BO2 to argue that BF3 had any market-share related effect.

Awesome! 2nd best shooter of 2011 after KZ3 imo. I just love these kind of shooters more then the likes of CoD.

I hope BF4 comes out when the next gen consoles are launched. It will mean: better graphics, bigger maps and the best: more players on consoles. Imagine BF4 in 1080p with 64 players in multiplayer. Thats what I'm hoping for.