By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo 3 to sell 3.5 million units this year, expects analyst

Tagged games:

I already bought 3m copies so there goes that prediction

Around the Network

Seems kinda low. Did they factor in the illegal downloads?

*makes troll face*

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

pezus said:

That's a bad prediction...

3.5m this year and then only 500k for the rest of its lifetime? Does he realize this is a Blizzard games and that their games practically sell forever?

by more than 4 he obviously meant 7-10mil. =P

I expect more. 5 million this year and much more than 10 million lifetime.

Don't forget to factor in blizzard gave away ~1.5 million copies of D3 to WoW Annual Pass subscribers -- that should have an impact on possible sales.

Around the Network

i know baby seals will die but diablo 3 is now half an year on playce 1 of german amazon game sales. AND IT IS NOT EVEN OUT. almost one year in the charts now and not released lol.

Does anybody know the minimum requirements for running Diablo III, would really like to get it. My compter is off the shelf, Quad Core w/4gb of ram Nvidia 9500 GS.

3.5 million this year? No, no, no. 5 million this year and 8-9 lifetime.

dr3b said:
Does anybody know the minimum requirements for running Diablo III, would really like to get it. My compter is off the shelf, Quad Core w/4gb of ram Nvidia 9500 GS.

Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c

Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+

NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better

1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)

12 GB available HD space

DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)

Broadband** Internet connection

1024x748 minimum resolution

Your GPU wouldn't be quite up to the job I am afraid, you should be able to get a cheap card that would run it fine tho.

OT: that is quite the lowball for lifetime, and I expect it to sell far more first year as well Starcraft 2 did 3 million in the first month and Diablo should do arround the same 4 million first month is very possible. And Blizzard games always sell for 10 years, I mean just look at this http://www.shacknews.com/article/53488/diablo-battle-chest-sales-revived 8 years after Diablo II and the battle chest reached #10 on the NPD for PC  after the Diablo 3 announcement. Diablo 3 will do 10 million lifetime easy.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Thanks, for the help.