By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo develop more "Mature" rated games?

Tagged games:

With an adult market ever growing, should Nintendo put more focus on developing AAA titles with a mature story? According to data found at http://www.theesa.com/facts/gameplayer.asp, the average age of a game player is 37 and 82% of gamers are 18 and older.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

With the number of excellent studios that are already producing "mature" content, and the relatively few companies producing quality content like Nintendo does, I think Nintendo should focus on what it knows best and attract other developers to produce "mature" content.

swii26 said:

With an adult market ever growing, should Nintendo put more focus on developing AAA titles with a mature story? According to data found at http://www.theesa.com/facts/gameplayer.asp, the average age of a game player is 37 and 82% of gamers are 18 and older.

Here is the list of confirmed Wii U games.

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City
Untitled Battlefield
Darksiders II
Untitled Dirt
Dragon Quest X: The Five Awakening Races Online
Untitled F1/Formula One
Killer Freaks from Outer Space
Lego City Stories
Metro: Last Light
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Pikmin 3
Project CARS
Project Nova
Rayman Legends
Untitled Rabbids
Untitled Super Mario game
Untitled Super Smash Bros. sequel
Untitled Tekken
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online
Untitled The Legend of Zelda

22 games with 10 of them likely to be rated M.  I'd say Nintendo doesn't have to push for more mature themed games as 3rd parties seem to be doing that for them already.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

We've got Advance Wars and Fire Emblem already - people can go over to other consoles if Mario and Zelda aren't "mature" enough for them- I don't care.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Viper1 said:
swii26 said:

Here is the list of confirmed Wii U games.

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City
Untitled Battlefield
Darksiders II
Untitled Dirt
Dragon Quest X: The Five Awakening Races Online
Untitled F1/Formula One
Killer Freaks from Outer Space
Lego City Stories
Metro: Last Light
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Pikmin 3
Project CARS
Project Nova
Rayman Legends
Untitled Rabbids
Untitled Super Mario game
Untitled Super Smash Bros. sequel
Untitled Tekken
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online
Untitled The Legend of Zelda

22 games with 10 of them likely to be rated M.  I'd say Nintendo doesn't have to push for more mature themed games as 3rd parties seem to be doing that for them already.

things is all the mature content is third party and on the other systems.  as a fan of mature content why would i get a nintnedo console that only plays the 3rd party games i want over sony/ms that has all of those third party games and a great library of 1st party content?

Around the Network

If the only reason the gamer will buy a game is if it's mature regardless of everything else that makes the game, then that person will miss out on some amazing games. Nintendo already knows how to make good games. They don't need to cater to an 18+ demographic just to get attention.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

I wouldn't mind 1 or maybe 2 more mature franchises from Nintendo. But I don't think they are in desperate need for more. Zelda and Metroid despite not being rated M still attract a mature audience.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

kitler53 said:

things is all the mature content is third party and on the other systems.  as a fan of mature content why would i get a nintnedo console that only plays the 3rd party games i want over sony/ms that has all of those third party games and a great library of 1st party content?

Could the same not be said from the other foot?   Why get a PS3/X360 when all the same 3rd party games are on Wii U plus a great library of 1st party content?

That goal post move makes me smile every tiem I see someone post it.   With Wii, all the Sony and MS fans denigrated Wii because it didn't get the same 3rd party suspport and now that Wii U seems to be nearing 3rd party parity, they move the goal posts by saying 'big deal' we get those games too.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

They already have enough. People just don't look into them.

No.