By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS dropped below 90%

Tagged games:

Should Nintendo give the 3DS another pricecut before it's too late?

I think they should drop the price in August when the hardware can turn a profit.

Around the Network

90% of which land mass?

Hardware price is pretty low already, what is holding me back from the 3DS, and potentially others too, is the software prices - Nintendo never drops the damn price. Mario Kart DS is still $45 everywhere I go, that's even $5 more than Mario Kart 7. Until Nintendo drops the prices, I'd actually be spending less money on Vita in the end because Sony drops prices over time.

Dropped below 90% of what?

I agree with Aj_habfan that the software prices need to come down, especially in Japan. USA is already quite cheap in comparison, but a little cut would make it more attractive.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Wut?

Love and tolerate.

Dude, I just got a used 3ds on amazon.com for 115.00$ INCLUDING tax and shipping. MAD steal. Unfortunately, that was the only reason I got it, out of habit for seeing something more than half off original price (250.00$).

It was a reflex buy cause I was shocked by the price. I got nsmb ds for 15 bucks, and the mario kart ds was available for like 20 bucks used. Mario Kart 7 you can get for about 28 bucks used. I can understand you wanting the system new, but get the games used at least.

Around the Network

90% of the 8th generation handheld marketshare I'm guessing?

It tried so hard to stay above the 90% mark but I guess it was unevitable. Time for Nintendo to drop the 3DS and sell their bodies to Apple.

Um, look at the front page of VG chartz. He is talking about the ratio of market share the 3DS has.

It had 90%, not it's 89% i believe, with vita being the other 10/11%

Don't kill me for this post. Just "testing" to see who actually skim through the front page, LOL.

The prices do drop........... Mario Kart & Super Mario Land are hanging tough price wise for now, sure.........

However, these are the prices i paid for the following games (all new)

Dead or Alive: Dimensions (15 pounds)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (15)
Shinobi (12)
Ridge Racer 3D (10)
Sonic Generations (17)
I paid the full 35 for Resident Evil: Revelations (best game i have played this year BTW) but i have already seen it as low as 24 new.

DS games i bought new.......

Mario Kart (10)
New Super Mario Bros (10)

Then throw in the AMAZING DS back catalogue that you may not have played (in particular the 3 Castlevania games) and software prices are no longer an issue.

Mario Land & Mario Kart 7 will eventually drop in price........ just enjoy the other games out there until they do.