By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Home Gets New Update

Tagged games:

Are You Excited About These PS Home Updates ??

Yes 4 25.00%

No 12 75.00%

Total:16

A new nightclub, an update for Novus Prime, an update for Great Edo of Nippon, new clothes, and a new quest are all part of this week’s PlayStation Home Update.

Added to the PlayStation Home is the x7 nightclub. x7 is a VIP nightclub where PlayStation Plus subscribers and collectors of the PS Home Exclusive line can get early access to select content before it’s released to the public, discounts, and free items.

source with trailers: http://lifeforgaming.blogspot.com/

Around the Network

SONY, STOP FUNDING THIS SHIT.

Andrespetmonkey said:

chances are it generates more money than it eats up

Andrespetmonkey said:

I believe its "funded" because it takes in enough revenue. Could be wrong.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I believe its "funded" because it takes in enough revenue. Could be wrong.

Probably, but I wish the money and profit was used and made elsewhere. Oh well

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

If it didn't, it would have been axed just like Qore after Sony's dismal fiscal year report.

Yes, the service has a well-established permanent user base probably numbering in the low 7 figures who would be up in arms if SCE shuttered Home, but if it were losing significant money, they'd still take the user backlash from shutting it down over taking losses had the service proved to be a failed experiment.

So until that happens, I would say Home most certainly is generating profits over what they're spending to maintain and update it.

Think I'd rather spend my time watching folding@home.

greenmedic88 said:
Lafiel said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

If it didn't, it would have been axed just like Qore after Sony's dismal fiscal year report.

Yes, the service has a well-established permanent user base probably numbering in the low 7 figures who would be up in arms if SCE shuttered Home, but if it were losing significant money, they'd still take the user backlash from shutting it down over taking losses had the service proved to be a failed experiment.

So until that happens, I would say Home most certainly is generating profits over what they're spending to maintain and update it.

Qore had more to do with Future Studios or whoever they're called. But yes, Qore didn't make the most sense, they could have done a much better job with it and I hope to see some dramatic improvement made in the future.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Andrespetmonkey said:

what's the purpose of Home, do you even know?

logic56 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

what's the purpose of Home, do you even know?

A social networking, free to play, customizable world thingy? I remember playing it a year ago for a couple hours, and then trying it out again around 6 months ago.