By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Petition Attrition: Dark Souls Confirmed For PC

Tagged games:

thread over on NeoGAF has spotted that the German magazine PC Action is previewing Dark Souls for PC, unofficially confirming the release of Namco’s hardcore melee RPG on the PC. There will apparently be new bosses for PC, but with everything else having parity with the console version. A release in August.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469409&page=9

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Did Sony shoot itself in the foot for not making a better deal with From Software ?

I can applaud "From Software" for not compromising their game one little bit after making it for the 360 as well. It is indeed one of the rare true Playstation  games in its mentality, style gameplay and challenge.

So my second concern is, will a possible next Souls game be this uncompromised with all this multiplatforming bullsh!t ?

Oh why didn't they announce this earlier ? , I might actually get it again on PC now =[

GaaraD.Dragon said:

Did Sony shoot itself in the foot for not making a better deal with From Software ?

I can applaud "From Software" for not compromising their game one little bit after making it for the 360 as well. It is indeed one of the rare true Playstation  games in its mentality, style gameplay and challenge.

So my second concern is, will a possible next Souls game be this uncompromised with all this multiplatforming bullsh!t ?

it wasn't a deal , the first game Demon's Souls, SCEJ (Sony Japan... Gravity Daze developer) AND From Software worked on it, it was a cross studio developement ALA Namco X Capcom or Sega X Nintendo.

they didn't offer exclusivity for publishing.

GaaraD.Dragon said:

Wait since when has Playstation been associated with challenging games?

Classic style challenge in games is called "Nintendo hard".

From what I understand of the game Dark Souls is closer to the dungeon crawler RPGs of yor, which were mainly on PC anyway.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

Yeah, i know.

But why didn't they pursue a deal like that especially after the acclaim Demons Souls received ? Why din't they care to keep it within the PS3 ranks ?

As i said, i dont really care about the game itself since it was not compromised one bit. But i do feel Sony shot itself in the foot for letting the game go.

Im starting to ogle Nintendo more and more.

GaaraD.Dragon said:
PullusPardus said:

Yeah, i know.

But why didn't they pursue a deal like that especially after the acclaim Demons Souls received ? Why din't they care to keep it within the PS3 ranks ?

As i said, i dont really care about the game itself since it was not compromised one bit. But i do feel Sony shot itself in the foot for letting the game go.

Im starting to ogle Nintendo more and more.

Does it really matter that much? I mean the game is great who cares where it is.

zarx said:

Wait since when has Playstation been associated with challenging games?

Classic style challenge in games is called "Nintendo hard".

From what I understand of the game Dark Souls is closer to the dungeon crawler RPGs of yor, which were mainly on PC anyway.

Kings Field says hello ?! Since the first playstation ?

pc gaming has no saying here

PullusPardus said:

Does it really matter that much? I mean the game is great who cares where it is.

Yeah thats what im saying its great but I think it is a very valid question why on earth did Sony let it go after "From Software" enjoyed such acclaim and sales to some point for Demons Souls. I mean from their perspective as a business.

pezus said:
So it was Dark Souls after all. This is great. I hope they do a good job with the port, maybe even have mod tools for the community?

Why would you want mod tools for a game like Dark Souls? The vanilla game is how its meant to be played.