By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls sequel confirmed

Tagged games:

pezus said:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/dark-souls-sequel-confirmed

Developer From Software has assured fans that there will be a follow up to cult hit Dark Souls.

The 2011 game was itself a spiritual successor - rather than a direct sequel - to the popular Demon's Souls. Both games have gathered a strong following thanks to its notoriously challenging gameplay.

"Of course, it's not over yet," From Software's R&D head Masanori Takeuchi told GameTrailers.

"We've always been enamoured by dark fantasy action RPGs. That's just been our core DNA and I think we'll continue to utilise that."

And the studio's executive producer Eiichi Nakajima adds that the team will be aiming for a much wider audience next time around.

"We've always been about making games for the core gamer, and they weren't necessarily games that did well financially, which is too bad," he said.

"The success of both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, which have each sold over a million [units] per title worldwide, has made us shift our thinking internally to not just core gamers, but to globalise our products, that they can be successful on a worldwide scale.

"That's now one of the key pillars we consider when we develop games in the future."

I hope they don't mean to dumb it down to gain mainstream (casual) acceptance. I mean, I love this dev team and the souls game, so I have faith in them. But other companies have said the same thing and they ended up making the game more casual.

Around the Network

Old, and kind of a misleading title.

Just think what this would look like if i came out on the next systems.

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

Month-old article. This is no way confirms a Dark Souls 2 though.
Although its pretty obvious there will be more games that are spiritual successors.

ozsman said:
Just think what this would look like if i came out on the next systems.

That's what I dream about. A new Souls game early in next gen. Beautiful.

Around the Network

"And the studio's executive producer Eiichi Nakajima adds that the team will be aiming for a much wider audience next time around."

Good bye Soul's franchise unless that means releases on more consoles. If they dumb down the difficulty I will cry.

Give me dark souls PC first

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

That sounds horrible, really they should just keep doing what they are doing and make advancements. Their game has garnered some strong support as is. Trying an appeal to a wider audience might not necessarily what they want.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Please rump up the difficulty

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

so they're gonna dumb down the difficulty to appeal to wii fit, mario party and COD types of players? Lame. I tought they were aware what made these games stick out in the first place