By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is ME3 worth playing if you haven't played other 2 prequels?

Tagged games:

My brother rented ME3 for me, and i was wondering if i should give it a chance seeing as how i haven't played the other 2 games. I know choices are transported from games and i know how important they are, that's why i am asking

Around the Network

If it's already there then hell yeah give it a shot, you won't get as much out of it as someone who had their choices to import into it, but it's still a pretty fun game and you should definitely try it out if it's easily accessible.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
My advice is no , try playing the other 2 first ffs or you will not understand the ending it´s worth the wait i assure you

Whilst you may understand the ending do you actually want to. You will never understand how bad it is until you play all 3 games and finally get to....that!

I'd say the game would be fun and enjoyable even if you haven't played 1 and 2, but becomes even better if you have. That's what I found with 2, played it twice before getting around to 1 so I could change some of the variables. If you want to save time and/or money, the major choices of 1 are all covered in Mass Effect: Genesis, which is a downloadable comic for 2 from which you can import 1's major choices. The impact of all the other choices in 1 are negligible when you get to 3, as are most of 2's assignments.

I recommend playing the first two. I recently finish ME1 and I'm currently playing ME2. I had played ME2 before playing the first a year ago and i didn't get into it so i never finished it. Now that I more acquainted with the lore, it is much for meaningful when you make decisions and you can relate to your squad more. Give it a shot, it's a great franchise.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
SecondWar said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
My advice is no , try playing the other 2 first ffs or you will not understand the ending it´s worth the wait i assure you

Whilst you may understand the ending do you actually want to. You will never understand how bad it is until you play all 3 games and finally get to....that!

let me fix my comment lol

My advice is no , try playing the other 2 first ffs or you will not understand the last part of the game it´s worth the wait i assure you , and when you have finished mass effect 1 and 2 bioware have releaced the ending in a DLC

Have they actually said they're doing that now? I thought they were still only rumours.

Around the Network

PS3 gamers have no choice but to not play ME1. But ME2 + motion comic with choices does a good enough job I think. And there are those who think ME 1 is rather an annoyance to play, especially after playing ME2.

So I'd go for a compromise and do motion comic + ME2.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

You don't HAVE to, but you will be able to appreciate the characters, and storyline a lot more if you play the prequels.

If you like story the most, play the first one.
If you value combat the most play the 3rd one.
If you like combat and interesting character background stories play ME2.

SvennoJ said:
If you like story the most, play the first one.
If you value combat the most play the 3rd one.
If you like combat and interesting character background stories play ME2.

well, seeing as how i have no idea what the story is, and dont know any characters...i should choose 3?

It can be convenient to play the first two.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)