By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - KH 3D gets a 38/40 from Famitsu

Tagged games:

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/36569/kingdom-hearts-3d-review-3840-in-famitsu/

The first Kingdom Hearts 3D review has been published in the latest issue of Famitsu magazine. The Japanese magazine awarded Dream Drop Distance a near perfect score of 38/40.

That's two very high scores the Japanese magazine has awarded 3DS games in a matter of weeks after Kid Icarus Uprising received a perfect 40/40 review score.

Kingdom Hearts 3D will be released in Japan on 29 March with a UK release date to follow later in 2012.

It's looking like this could be up there with Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories as the best Kingdom Hearts game on a Nintendo system, certainly better than Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

What do you think? Does this review score make you want to put Kingdom Hearts 3D on your shopping list? 

While Famitsu don't exactly have the best reputation for their scores, is this so far-so good?

Around the Network

Probably, since review sources generally hate Nintendo, when you consider a high scored game on a Nintendo system, it is more valuable than a game scored equally on another system... In Japan's case, Microsoft is probably at the bottom of the Pail for bias against them, but Sony titles certainly have bias towards them.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Probably, since review sources generally hate Nintendo, when you consider a high scored game on a Nintendo system, it is more valuable than a game scored equally on another system... In Japan's case, Microsoft is probably at the bottom of the Pail for bias against them, but Sony titles certainly have bias towards them.

I imagine you had difficulty keeping a straight face after hitting the submit button.

The Nintendo fan attempting to ruin and derail the thread aside, that's 1 higher than Birth By Sleep so hopefully it's great.

RolStoppable said:
Panama said:
Jumpin said:

I imagine you had difficulty keeping a straight face after hitting the submit button.

Nintendo fans attempting to ruin and derail the thread aside, that's 1 higher than Birth By Sleep so hopefully it's great.

Don't mind him too much, he says some quite irrational things every now and then. Also, he's usually using an aggressive tone when he does so.

Take note from the adjustment I made to your post, I don't want you to get in trouble over something like this.

Thanks for the heads up.

RolStoppable said:
Panama said:
Jumpin said:

Nintendo fans attempting to ruin and derail the thread aside, that's 1 higher than Birth By Sleep so hopefully it's great.

Don't mind him too much, he says some quite irrational things every now and then. Also, he's usually using an aggressive tone when he does so.

Take note of the adjustment I made to your post, I don't want you to get in trouble over something like this.

It's because I work in a bank.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

What kind of logic is that? Basically if a game like FFXIII-2 which got a perfect 40 would be like a 35 because its not on a nintendo console/handheld? I'm sorry dude but that's some flawed logic. Now, there maybe a nintendo bias in the industry (one that I can't see apparently) but this just doesnt make much sense. It's like saying that Uncharted 3 or Gears 3 are less of a game to Skyward sword because their on the HD Twins, even though all received critical acclaim. I really don't think it works like that

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Does this score make me want to put the game on my shopping list? No.

Because it was already on it ;)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Is famitsu you know biased on Nintendo? Im asking because I don't know much of the history of that site.
Recently Kid Icarus got a 40/40 and while I'm pretty sure the game is very good all the reviewers complains about the controls thus making the game not perfect to get a 40/40.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

MRKs said:
... I'm pretty sure the game is very good all the reviewers complains about the controls thus making the game not perfect to get a 40/40.

Not "all" only a few reviewers complains about the controls. To complain about controls is usually a easy path when a reviewer want to give a game a bad review but finds no really bad points.

MRKs said:
Is famitsu you know biased on Nintendo? Im asking because I don't know much of the history of that site.
Recently Kid Icarus got a 40/40 and while I'm pretty sure the game is very good all the reviewers complains about the controls thus making the game not perfect to get a 40/40.

Nah, Jumpin was making reference to North American reviewers, like a mini rant. 

However I think Famitsu is favorable biased towards Square Enix.