By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Origin refunding Mass Effect 3 purchases

Tagged games:

It has 2.1 or 2.2 stars on amazon. I don't think I've ever seen the public be this hard.

For instance some of the other most hated on games this gen FF14 has a 2.4 stars or Dragon age 2 with 3.3 stars.

Now I personally think FF14 is actually that bad, and Dragon age 2, I've never been sure how I feel about it (it's dumb downed yes, but I like the characters, and the gameplays still really fun), the dungeon re-use was quite inexcusable since they are in fact different dungeons, that are the same dungeon.

ME3 people I think aren't being so rational, and people are being big babies about it. Even if they are dissapointed (I am a bit). It's a videogame, things are not going to be exactly how you want them. Your desicions do affect the game, but don't affect the ending. I thought a lot of the things were taking the easy way instead of making your decisions more meaningful, but that's kinda the way Mass effects been the whole series. In ME2, killing the council has really no effect on the game.

Around the Network

What crap, boohoo i didn't like the ending. I want my money back. Think you can do that at a theater as well.... So many babies...

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

I liked the "good" ending of ME3...I admit I've never followed the ME stories I've played about 3hrs of all 3 games combined  but from what I saw of the ending it looked good no idea what people are complaining about. Were they expecting sunshine and flowers? Give over!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

It's the journey, not the destination. These people would have killed themselves in the 8-bit era. In those days, you played for hours and all you got was an empty screen saying "The End". I'm not even 10% through Mass Effect 3 but, unless the Xbox 360 literally kicks me in the balls after I beat the game, I don't know how the ending can be as bad as people are making it out to be.

Derixs said:
What crap, boohoo i didn't like the ending. I want my money back. Think you can do that at a theater as well.... So many babies...

That's pretty much how i read this as well. Who cares if the ending storyline wasn't what you imagined in your head, was the game still fun? If not, meh, remember that next time and don't be a day one purchaser.

However, its interesting that the company is giving refunds just because people dislike the ending.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:

I liked the "good" ending of ME3...I admit I've never followed the ME stories I've played about 3hrs of all 3 games combined  but from what I saw of the ending it looked good no idea what people are complaining about. Were they expecting sunshine and flowers? Give over!

... so you admit you haven't really played the games but then decide to tell fans to give over? What an intelligent point. 

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E

Simple fact is the ending is a total train wreck. It doesn't fit in with the series at all. Your post just demonstrates the same attitude of Bioware, that is a complete misunderstanding of why fans are annoyed. It's nothing to do with it being sad. Fans are fine with a sad ending. It's to do with all the reasons listed at those sites. The plot holes, out of tone with the series, lack of conclusion etc etc. 

Even though I think ME3 as a whole experience as a game is fantastic I can kind of understand people asking for a refund. If you look at some of the quotes at the start of that video it's pretty clear Bioware outright lied about the game. ''Wildly different conclusions'' ''....it is an ending.... Will not [leave fans] with more questions than answers'' ''How could .... you be forced into a bespoke ending that everyone gets?'' as well as I remember them stating how the ending wouldn't simply be an A, B, C choice then is completely an A, B, C choice well or Red, Green, Blue choice.  

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

ishiki said:

It has 2.1 or 2.2 stars on amazon. I don't think I've ever seen the public be this hard.

For instance some of the other most hated on games this gen FF14 has a 2.4 stars or Dragon age 2 with 3.3 stars.

Now I personally think FF14 is actually that bad, and Dragon age 2, I've never been sure how I feel about it (it's dumb downed yes, but I like the characters, and the gameplays still really fun), the dungeon re-use was quite inexcusable since they are in fact different dungeons, that are the same dungeon.

ME3 people I think aren't being so rational, and people are being big babies about it. Even if they are dissapointed (I am a bit). It's a videogame, things are not going to be exactly how you want them. Your desicions do affect the game, but don't affect the ending. I thought a lot of the things were taking the easy way instead of making your decisions more meaningful, but that's kinda the way Mass effects been the whole series. In ME2, killing the council has really no effect on the game.

I pretty much agree with everything in this post except for FF14 which I haven't played and cannot express an informed opinion on.

Yes the ending to ME3 was disappointing in some ways, but it was just different. It wasn't generic, and from a lot of comments, that's why they're disappointed. If they were given a generic and typical ending to a space odyssey, they'd be happier. For gods sakes get over it. You're not the games' developers. The fact that Bioware managed to create a game where players become that emotionally invested is a blessing.

At the end of the day, everyones journey through the Mass Effect universe has been different, yet still within the confines of the developers vision. That should be praised. Not all these complaints about what amounts to 15 minutes out of 60+ hours of gameplay.

Never seen such an overreaction before.

Ajescent said:

my personal main complaint (if I played the series) would be, that although the players made vastly different decisions throughout 3 games there are only 3 ending sequences, which are all the same with only very subtle differences.. I would have expected more personalized endings that reflect the decisions you made throughout the 3 games

@ topic )

Uhm.. that's very kind of these shops, but actually I think there is no reason for a refund as the game still (seems to be) a very good experience for 25-30 hours..