By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Nintendo of America will Localize Pandora's Tower?

Tagged games:

Will NOA Localize Pandora's Tower?

Yes, for sure 4 6.90%

Yes, but only if XenoBlad... 12 20.69%

Yes, but only if PT sells... 1 1.72%

Yes, but only if both con... 7 12.07%

No, but someone else will... 11 18.97%

No, but someone else will... 5 8.62%

No, we are unlucky 9 15.52%

See Results 9 15.52%

Total:58

Well, XenoBlade Chronicles is due in 3 weeks, and VGC seem to indicated week 1 sales could be in the 200-250k range for XenoBlade on the Wii. However despite this XSEED is localizing The Last Story (and not Nintendo) despite The Last Story being the better selling game in Japan.

Currently XenoBlade Chronicles is at 350k sales (making it the 8th best selling Wii RPG) with 160k in Japan, 160k in Europe, and 30K Elsewhere.
The Last Story is at 230k sales, with 180k in Japan, 40k in Europe, and 10k Elsewhere.

However it's important to note that The Last Story is only three weeks old in Europe, and in comarision to XenoBlade it's sales are 80% as strong for those three weeks.

Now the question is, will Nintendo localize Pandora's Tower with sales being significantly less in Japan. Pandora's Tower being the newest of the 3 games has still only managed 70k sales in Japan. It has a European release date of April 13th, but assuming sales hold about half as good as XenoBlade/The Last Story, will Nintendo localize it?

I really hope they do, but I don't think sales will be too strong. Even if Americas sales did end up as strong as Japan and EMEAA combined, it's still only 100-150k of sales, and Nintendo has turned down so many Japanese exclusives.

What about Earth Seeker and Fatal Frame 2?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

yeah, I think so. Nintendo would like us to think they listened to Operation Rainfall.

I don't see this getting published.

I don't see this getting published
1. The Wii U is really near.
2. It didn't sell very well in the other three territories.
3. NoA is quite lazy.

If you won't get this, I really feel sorry for you. The third RPG on Wii after Xenoblade and Tales of Symphonia 2 which I will complete. Fantastic game.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

I think there are low chances, Pandora's Tower is the less hyped game of the Operation Rainfall's three. It would be better if Nintendo announce the new Fire Emblem for North America.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Latest round of Wii U rumors - resolution locks, controller output and more

- 720p seems to be the sweet spot for definition with games running Wii U controller-intesive visuals
- Wii U controller handles 480p
- Wii U controller allows for viewing of on-TV action from another angle in some games
- Seems that there are some third party ports using this idea for gameplay
- V5 dev kit is a little more powerful than V4, but doesn't make for 1080p in these situations
- games can benefit from a slight visual boost over 360/PS3 and may run at a higher resolution
- more simple titles may be able to run 1080p in conjunction with the controller
Source: GoNintendo

DarkTemplar said:

- 720p seems to be the sweet spot for definition with games running Wii U controller-intesive visuals
- Wii U controller allows for viewing of on-TV action from another angle in some games
- V5 dev kit is a little more powerful than V4, but doesn't make for 1080p in these situations
- games can benefit from a slight visual boost over 360/PS3 and may run at a higher resolution
- more simple titles may be able to run 1080p in conjunction with the controller

Did you mean to put this in the Wii U thread?

NintendoPie said:
DarkTemplar said:

Did you mean to put this in the Wii U thread?

That is true, wrong thead sorry!

If you asked me this like 2 months ago I would say no, but as of now it actually looks likely! =D