By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [PSVita vs 3DS] Aligned Launch Charts (To Be Updated Weekly)

Tagged games:

Hi everyone.

I loved the @kowen's idea about the aligned launch charts showed in this thread (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=141085) but I don't care about PSP/PSV or DS/3DS comparisions.

So I resolved to do the same thing but showing what is really relevant for the NEW GEN.

See the aligned launches charts per region below:

Notes

• The launch window for PSV and 3DS in EU and US is about the same (Feb/Mar).
  • The Japan launch for PSV is mid Dec and for 3DS is late Feb.
  • The presales (~60k) for US is counted in Week 1 (25th Feb).
  • The Global chart is weird because the largest gap between Japan and EU/US launch for PSV.

DATA TABLE

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AjtO_AdOM7pPdFc2djlub2ZDMTVQenl5WW1PeVhVTXc&output=html

Around the Network

Exactly what I say all the time.

Bad in japan, good everywhere else - (remember good does not mean it must pass the 3ds)

@VicViper

I guess it is doing bad (JP), meh (US) and great (EU).

But there are so few weeks for US and EU... I'm waiting more weeks to have a better perspective.

ethomaz said:

@VicViper

But there are so few weeks for US and EU... I'm waiting more weeks to have a better perspective.

It's meh, but it won't be bad for a long time if ever. Plus it has games that americans buy a lot, coming soon and in the future. It won't be outsold by the 3DS by 2:1 let alone 7:1.

In europe is doing great indeed.

Awesome, great thread! thanks for doing it

Around the Network

I'm still not sure why people had a problem with the original charts posted. The only difference was that it showed non-cumulative sales by month, I guess that confuses people for some reason. The added charts are nice though, especially yours since you are comparing the 2 new generation systems.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

VicViper said:
ethomaz said:

@VicViper

It's meh, but it won't be bad for a long time if ever. Plus it has games that americans buy a lot, coming soon and in the future. It won't be outsold by the 3DS by 2:1 let alone 7:1.

which games?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Nice, it will be interesting to follow.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I don't really care about it catching up to 3DS, it won't, I just want it to get to at least 8 million by next Jan, and 20 Million by Jan 2014.

saicho said:
VicViper said:
ethomaz said:

@VicViper

which games?

The usuals: LBP, Resistance, Unit 13 probablya lot others... actually, I don't know how much they'll sell, but they'll probably mantain the ship afloat until the big guns arrive.

In japan the ship has sinked, and the big games will have to perform a rescue operation, which is much more complicated.