By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Question for people who at one time or another owned a psp

Tagged games:

What did you think of the PSP analog stick?

I loved it, it did exactl... 5 7.25%

It was good, can't really complain 13 18.84%

It wasn't bad, not great, not bad either. 23 33.33%

It was annoying but I cou... 17 24.64%

I hated the damn thing, I... 4 5.80%

PSP? People bought that? 7 10.14%

Total:69

Now, be honest and I mean really honest.

When you first got your hands on one and used the nub (the analog stick) for the first time, what was your opinion of it?

I ask this question because all I hear now is everyone saying how much it sucks compared to the Vita or a DS3, maybe it's just me but I don't remember it getting this much hate in the early days.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

i don't remember hating super mario brothers when I first played it but by today's standards it's not a good game. as things get better things that at one time were state of the art become dated. that's what progress works.

the psp nube sucks compared to the vita analog which i currently love and in 5 years when something better comes along will grow to hate.

kitler53 said:
i don't remember hating super mario brothers when I first played it but by today's standards it's not a good game. as things get better things that at one time were state of the art become dated. that's what progress works.

the psp nube sucks compared to the vita analog which i currently love and in 5 years when something better comes along will grow to hate.

Excellent point well made.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

A liked it then and i like it now, its the D-pad that i don't like (Fat PSP owner).

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I remember the first time I got my hands on a PSP. I actually found the nub very comfortable and accurate.

Even now I enjoy the 3DS circle pad more than the Xbox 360 sticks :S

Around the Network

Meh. It wasn't the worst control stick ever but it was workable. The 3DS one is a lot better, can not say about the Vita don't have one.

I always switched to the D-Pad if it was possible. Some quick time events in God of War made me crazy because of the analog stick

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

i found in games where it was optional, like racing games, i just used the dpad because it was better.

I only got a PSP in 2009, but when I bought it, I disliked the analog stick instantly, I could still use it, but I preferred all the home consoles analog sticks (the 3DS also has a much better analog stick than the PSP)

The first time I tried it on the Star Wars game, it was horrible.
It ok in the web browser though(back when it worked)