By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita Sold 1.1 (more like ~950k) million Week 1 - Show Your Feelings...

Tagged games:

You feel...

AWESOME SALES 87 24.30%

GREAT SALES 160 44.69%

MEH SALES 91 25.42%

WTF SALES 18 5.03%

Total:356

The good article wrote by @Seece (please read it) show to us the PSVita sold 1.1 million in first week combined.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88858/ps-vita-reaches-14m-install-base-after-successful-global-launch/

US: 300k
EU: 380k
JP: 320k

Global: 1.1 million

So what do you think about the launch numbers???

Edit - THE DOOMED GRAPH VERSION!!! LOL!!!

Around the Network

My thought first...

It did ok like I expected... 3DS sold less than DS like PSV sold less than PSP... in Europe it did GREAT.

For now I can't say anything.

I gonna wait until the official vgchartz numbers come in! Oh, and you spelt feelings wrong in the title :P

What about the global extrapoled? Can it be 750k+ in this week numbers?

BasilZero said:
These are the launch numbers right?

Why is the total different on the main web page o.O?

Different? That's the Week 1 combined for all countries... the Week 1 in Japan and Week 0 + Week 1 in US and Week 1 in Europe (PAL).

Around the Network

A bit disappointing in USA, but v. good in Europe

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

For a moment I thought that was US specific and I was thinking "Wow, that's substantially better than I was expecting" ...

I was personally expecting somewhere between (about) 250,000 and 350,000 in North America; and that is roughly where it ended up. What drove me to this estimate was I thought it was selling at 1/2 to 2/3 the rate of what the 3DS was doing in its launch week based on what I saw locally.

Sony: "the vita had a pretty good opening, considering the 3DS put a glaring mark on portable consoles at $250 last year"

Nintendo: The Pita didn't even break 2 million first week, it failed,DOA, flopped, make a thread "the PSV only sold 1.1 million, we need to talk about it, blue ocean strategy for the win!"

Microsoft: hey guys.

man-bear-pig said:
I gonna wait until the official vgchartz numbers come in! Oh, and you spelt feelings wrong in the title :P

fixed.

Train wreck said:

Sony: "the vita had a pretty good opening, considering the 3DS put a glaring mark on portable consoles at $250 last year"

Nintendo: The Pita didn't even break 2 million first week, it failed,DOA, flopped, make a thread "the PSV only sold 1.1 million, we need to talk about it, blue ocean strategy for the win!"

Microsoft: hey guys.

Well 3DS sold 1.24 million in first week... threre are margin for PSV outsell it after possible adjustments.