By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RAGE - Possibly one of the biggest disappointments?

Tagged games:

Is anyone else of the same opinion? This game has made me, literally, rage throughout. I have been killed in possibly some of the shittest ways known to man, the save system is whack, the story is whack, the so called driving is whack, the mechanics are whack.

Wingsticks seem to be the only redeeming feature of this game, other than that, it's nothing but a shallow shell that fell well short of the hype, especially that created after the launch trailer, I am on the second disk and honestly, I still have no fucking idea what's going on in the story.

Possibly one of the biggest disappointments of 2011 for me, not as bad as MOH was in 2010, but almost, almost had I paid full price, I'd probably be more pissed off.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

neh.. I bought SOCOM 4..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
neh.. I bought SOCOM 4..

The rumours I am hearing, I am so sorry. Thank god I didn't play that apparent disappointment.

I loved the game. I had no high hopes, wasn't looking for an RPG, and I was amazed by the detailed graphics. The gameplay was straight up run and gun, the way I like it. The driving parts were fun and I was glad I could speed from mission location to mission location. If Anything I'd rather the game have even less RPG elements. I don't want to upgrade my character/vehicle in a FPS and I don't want to have to walk around towns finding jobs. Just give me levels in a logical order with cut scenes in-between.

But then I was one of the people that really liked Doom 3 despite the simple old school gameplay and razor thing narrative. I just like to shoot stuff.

Nah I think the game is quite good, though of course still disappointing after all the hype from id.
We should finally face it that good story and id doesn't really fit together. I mean I'm excited for Doom 4 but seriously it won't be as good as the best FPS on the market.

They can produce great graphics and implement solid shooter mechanics, but that's basically (id) it.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Nah I think the game is quite good, though of course still disappointing after all the hype from id.
We should finally face it that good story and id doesn't really fit together. I mean I'm excited for Doom 4 but seriously it won't be as good as the best FPS on the market.

They can produce great graphics and implement solid shooter mechanics, but that's basically (id) it.

Good one.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Barozi said:

Story just doesn't make sense, one time I am "helping the resistance" other time I am raiding lairs for the mayor.. Dafuq.

Y to jump, A to use. Although I switched it around halfway through, still agitating qualm!

What really (en)raged me was the fact that I died halfway through the lair and it put me all the way BEFORE I went it.. Game, y u no autosave often enough.

Barozi said:

Ok, then it's not so much repulsive that you like Final Fantasy XIII anymore. It's just your bad tastes in games generally! xD

I'm wearing an anti-ban suit btw.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
Barozi said:

Ok, then it's not so much repulsive that you like Final Fantasy XIII anymore. It's just your bad tastes in games generally! xD

I'm wearing an anti-ban suit btw.

Considering FFXIII was the first Final Fantasy game I played in years.... I didn't understand the story at all and honestly I didn't care much. It just had Lightning great graphics and an awesome battle system. I usually prefer time based battles, but this one surprised me.

Agreed. After two or three hours of trying I said enough. It is just bad.