By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN's The Last Story Review

Tagged games:

Closing Comments:

The Last Story has no significant shortcomings apart from a slight lack of verve; it’s not the JRPG revolution that Xenoblade Chronicles was, and its setting and story remain within safe territory, but great characterisation and an excellent, innovative battle system keep it interesting from the very first chapter to the last minutes. The quality of the localisation is superb, and that great combat makes it more exciting to play on a minute-to-minute basis than any other game of its sort. It’s a game worthy of its pedigree, then, and sits comfortably alongside Lost Odyssey as Mistwalker’s best work.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1219299p1.html

Around the Network

.... good god I hate Keza. She has the worst reviews. A 7.5 for graphics because even though it's superb for the Wii it doesn't look good compared to the 360/ps3...... so using this logic why doesn't every single PS3/360 game get at best a 7 because compared to the PC version they aren't as good?

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Zim said:
.... good god I hate Keza. She has the worst reviews. A 7.5 for graphics because even though it's superb for the Wii it doesn't look good compared to the 360/ps3...... so using this logic why doesn't every single PS3/360 game get at best a 7 because compared to the PC version they aren't as good?

You should just be happy they didn't compare the game's graphics to PC graphics. Then it would have gotten a 1.0.

Did I read that correctly? 20 hours? Really....Really? REALLY!?!?

I'm not paying full price then.

Zim said:

Yes, I find that irritating as well, it was the same for Xenoblade.

She is the only reviewer who scores that way.

Around the Network
Zim said:

I've heard this several times now (and also over a long period in time), and while I agreed initially, I started seeing it from the reviewers perspective...

Times change. 

If you boot up ANY PSOne title now, the visuals will detract from your experience. Right now the accepted standard for graphics is PS360. The Wii owners don't like it and the PC owners don't like it. But that's how it is. I booted up Twilight Princess recently and it was difficult to play in seriousness. You may take this how you like, but it's coming from someone who has spent a considerable amount of money on Nintendo consoles and games.

For a Wii game to get 10 in the graphics department it would have to have exceptional art direction primarily. 

^I'll give you lasting appeal though! 8/10 IS UTTER BULLSH*T!

Ok, maybe you're right.

I really enjoyed Xenoblade a lot, but I believe reviewers are being a tad hypocritical in their praise for that game. It's being held on some sort of pedestal like it's the best JRPG in years, but it's not really that different than many of the JRPGs that have come out this generation, and yet all of the others get 7s or lower? I don't get it.

I'll take 20 hours of quality RPG gameplay over 100 hours of generic sidequesting that Xenoblade is plagued with. To each their own.

The graphics don't detract from a game's experience as long as it runs smoothly. For example, Asteroids is still bloody awesome and its graphics are plop.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.