Dillon's Rolling Western

$9.99

Tax

$1.30

Total: $11.29

Tax rate: 13%

Around the Network

13% tax? Ouch.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

why wouldn't it? In california all online purchases still have the same in state sales tax. In fact there was a big thing with amazon about it. i'll see if i can find the article

Light said:

my same reaction!!! LOL

Around the Network

here is some info on the ca case. Amazon was the only retailer who tried to stand up and apparently they folded for a ear of not having to collect taxes. too bad. But the law only applies if the internet retailer as any workers or offices located in the stat of california

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/08/business/la-fi-amazon-tax-20110908

So, where can I "relocate" my 3DS to not get massive tax?

RolStoppable said:
Galaki said:

You just stay where you are. In Austria there is 20 % tax on video games, so you aren't getting massively taxed anyway.

Why aren't you "relocating"? LOL.

Galaki said:
RolStoppable said:
Galaki said:

You just stay where you are. In Austria there is 20 % tax on video games, so you aren't getting massively taxed anyway.

Why aren't you "relocating"? LOL.

He's partly dutch.. where we pay 19% tax

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

thranx said:
here is some info on the ca case. Amazon was the only retailer who tried to stand up and apparently they folded for a ear of not having to collect taxes. too bad. But the law only applies if the internet retailer as any workers or offices located in the stat of california

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/08/business/la-fi-amazon-tax-20110908

Same thing happened in Texas.  They were looking into getting the extra tax money due to wanting more money.  It basically boils down to if they have a distribution center in the state where they sell online.  I know that Nintendo probably has zero presence in Texas but NoA is headquartered in Cali. 

Is this tax just going to each respected state government?  I assume it is just collected for all of North America then thrown at USA.  If so then how the hell is it 13% sales tax..