GOTY!! 16 41.03%

Skyrim what? 5 12.82%

It was totally awesome. 4 10.26%

Solid game. 3 7.69%

Disappointment. 0 0%

EXTREME disappointment. 0 0%

What is this? 11 28.21%

Total:39

Welcome to another edition weekly addition of the VGChartz Ranking Game. 

All you have to do is put what score you think the game below deserves, and write a brief explanation as to why it deserves that score, hell you can even just write your opinion of the game and not add a score if you want to.

Voting is open for a 1 week period, after 1 week I will count up all the scores and get the average of the game. 

Rules

1. You had to have played at least enough of the game to form an honest opinion about it

2. If you score a game over or under 4 points of what it's at on Metacritic you must go into great detail for your review.

3. If you put more than 1 score per thread none of your scores will be counted.

4. A game must have at least 10 people that gave it a score to be counted.

5. Users with less than 50 posts cannot participate unless they have been a member on this site for more than a year.

Last game was Gears of War 3 and it got a 8.99

Highest score was 9.8, lowest was 7

Vgchartz score -- 8.83  / GamrReview score -- 9.5 / Metacritic score -- 94

VGChartz Top 15

Game Score
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 9.65
Super Mario Galaxy 2 9.5
Super Mario Galaxy 9.49
Metal Gear Solid 4 9.36
The Orange Box 9.35
LittleBigPlanet 2 9.34
Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty 9.27
Halo Reach 9.23
Donkey Kong Country Returns 9.23
Monster Hunter Tri 9.19
Gears of War 2 9.17
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 9.18
Halo 3 9.13
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 9.13
Mass Effect 2 9.12

Next game: Battlefield 3, Forza 4? Name some more!

To view a list of all games from every game ranking thread click here.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the awesome ranking game logo and thanks to everyone who participate(s/d).

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

Wow, I've really fallen behind on big name mainstream titles as I haven't been able to review a single game besides Skyrim since the Ranking Game came back (I couldn't even review Skyrim on time). Even the suggested titles are a no go for me.

Unfortunately I haven't played this game either. But surely you'll be able to give a review when we do Forza 4 eventually?

yo_john117 said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

Wow, I've really fallen behind on big name mainstream titles as I haven't been able to review a single game besides Skyrim since the Ranking Game came back (I couldn't even review Skyrim on time). Even the suggested titles are a no go for me.

Unfortunately I haven't played this game either. But surely you'll be able to give a review when we do Forza 4 eventually?

I think you are focusing on games that have been released way too recently. You need to push things back like Infamous 2, or something. 

Tagged for tomorrow.

Acevil said:
yo_john117 said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

I think you are focusing on games that have been released way too recently. You need to push things back like Infamous 2, or something. 

4 months is more than enough time. Any longer then that and people won't be inclined to review. In fact between 2-3 months is the best time.

Around the Network

There were some parts of the story that made no sense--mainly the setting but once you overlook that, you have the single best game of 2011. Yeah, I'd buy Skyward Sword before I buy this game but that's a personal preference. Arkham City delivers in every way. Graphics, gameplay, immersion, story, and even the sense of satisfaction at the end. I'm a little burned out so I won't do a big write up. Just look at my gamertag on Xbox.com (my name is d21lewis). You'll see I beat the game. Count my score, dammit.

9.75/---ah, fuck it. 10/10

Pros:

Best combat in any video game.
Great freedom in choosing how to approach a battle.
Plenty of side missions.
Fun challenge modes & riddler puzzles after you beat the game.
One of the Few games that I actually enjoyed trying to 100% complete.
Story was engaging.
Stealth was great.
NG+ was great.
Tons of content. With Story mode, NG+, Side Missions, Challenges, & Riddler puzzles, I've put in well over 50 hours of playing time.

Cons

Load times aren't long but they are annoying when you die on a certain level multiple times

Score is 9.6/10

9.9/10

Arkham Asylum was a game that seemingly came out of nowhere in the sense that it's a superhero game that was actually good. With Arkham City, Rocksteady took everything great about AA and made it better, specifically through the fact that Batman's gliding ability was only ever briefly used in AA, yet in AC you could traverse the length of the city without ever touching the ground, and that was an important addition to a franchise that wants you to become Batman.

The combat was as simple and as satisfying as it was previously, with a few new moves added in to keep things feeling fresh, and there was a good selection of new gadgets to play with as well. The boss fights were also greatly improved over AA, with no Killer Croc style disappointments (I'm avoiding naming my favourite for spoiler reasons).

It wasn't a short game by modern standards (I think I completed it in around 15 hours), where there are many games that clock in at well under 10 hours, but I still felt that it could maybe have had a few hours added to the story to flesh things out a bit more, rather than having over 400 Riddler challenges to solve as a means to extend the game. My only other complaint is that you can't jump from the top of Wonder Tower and glide all the way down to the city, which was probably a design decision based on it not being a true open world game, but that is me being incredibly picky.

It's my choice for GOTY and also for favourite 'new' franchise of the generation, even though it's obviously based on a character that's been around for decades.

VGChartz

Haven't played this game yet. You should do Halo CEA or red dead! Or better yet, Turok:Evolution!

KylieDog said:

Inferior to Asylum.

The story is a bit of a mess, tried to include too many villains and as a result there is never any real big threat, not even the Joker gives one off like in Asylum since the poisoned threat only gets worse along the main story, "A few hours to live" but I can spend the next 5 hours finding riddler challenges and be healthy and fine.

Speaking of Riddler challenges, while in Asylum they were fun, here they are just an annoying collectable scattered everywhere so you're constantly tripping over them, is no fun to looking for them in this game.

Lastly the combat takes a dive, while tecnically identical to Asylum or as good as, the environements are completely different, barely any indoors areas, stealth has few opportunities and if you're ever in trouble in city fights you can just grapple far away to safety, making the enemies no threat and just an annoyance. Asylum trapped you with enemies more often then not.

Also a lot of the game is just fetch quests, probably to try and force you to use the entire city and glide about, would have been better in a smaller more contained environment.

Edit: I forgot that Catwoman online pass bullshit that means offline people cannot access it so its like it is missing from game even though it is 100% single player. Lowering score heavily for that.

Overall: 5

Lately I'm starting to wonder if you like anything at all.