By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is better, Super Smash Bros. Melee or Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Tagged games:

Which is better, Melee or Brawl?

Super Smash bros. Melee 32 35.96%

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 44 49.44%

And for the hell of it, S... 6 6.74%

This thread sucks... again.... 7 7.87%

Total:89

I freaking love Melee. Whenever I go visit my cousins (or even my friends) it's a mother f#@king tradition to whip out Melee and let the mayhem begin. Late nights, physical abuse, cursing, tossing of controllers, and Jigglypuff rollout destruction might (will) occur, but we don't give a damn. It's a game that's too fun for it's own good. Only after hours of gameplay will we finally put down our controllers and power down the old gamecube. Then came Brawl. If I would have picked up Brawl and never have touched Melee it would have been fine because it really is a great game. However, compared to Melee, it dissapoints. It feels slow compared to the fast-paced ass kicking action that is Melee. The controls feel a tad slower to respond as well. Little problems for sure, but little problems that Melee did not have. I have met people, many people in fact, that prefer Brawl over Melee. While my vote goes with Melle for sure, I want to know what everyone else thinks. Simple question, Melee or Brawl?

Around the Network

Melee's gameplay was perfection.

Melee is better.

But that's like asking me if I prefer Burgers or Pizza. While Burgers would be the clear winner (IMO), Pizza's greatness shouldn't be diminished in any way from my choice. Burgers get a 9.8, Pizza a 9.6.

Brawl of course, it's the most up to date, some of you may say they're so different, but not to a pro like me my best character is Link in all of them and my play styles don't change in the games too much at all.

if you ask me both are too much alike to claim one is genuinely better than the other.

all i know is that i'm hoping Super Smash WiiU is at least on par with the rest of the series; that'll make me happy :)

Around the Network

Brawl for me no comparison. But it's all about personal preference.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Melee easily. The gameplay was better.

the original is better then Melee, and Brawl but Brawl is 1m tmes better then Melee

Smash to me was never meant to be taken seriously so when every other person I played melee with took it seriously, it kinda lost its fun. While the people that took melee serious took brawl serious, I feel that Brawl added more fun and options into the game. So I guess brawl for me. :)

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Melee had the better physics to where everything felt faster and a lot less floaty. Also, there was no random tripping and when you shot a laser/ gun/ projectile it continued across the whole screen instead of disappearing in mid air. Of course, Brawl added more characters, more stages, an actual story mode, stage builder, even more music and trophies/ stickers. Brawl wins overall, but I hope Smash Bros Wii U will be a bit faster paced and less floaty.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089