By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mr. Miyamoto Really Enjoying Pikmin 3!

Tagged games:

Legendary games designer Shigeru Miyamoto has said that he’s really enjoying working on Pikmin 3 for Wii U. The game was originally developed for Wii, but Miyamoto says that having high definition graphics and a touch screen at his disposal is enabling him to create a game he’s truly happy with.

“Originally, I was making Pikmin 3 to be launched on the Wii platform. Because the Wii U is capable of HD quality pictures, and will be accompanied by the subscreen on your hand. I thought that I would be able to make a Pikmin that was closer to my ideal. I am now actually enjoying myself, working on the game.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/02/13/miyamoto-says-hes-really-enjoying-developing-pikmin-3-on-wii-u/

Around the Network

That red pikmin must be in a lot of pain.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

YAY!!! Great news! If Miyamoto is happy with a game, and marketing is right, I don't see why it wouldn't please consumers.

happydolphin said:
YAY!!! Great news! If Miyamoto is happy with a game, and marketing is right, I don't see why it wouldn't please consumers.

I'm really hoping that Pikmin 3 does better than the other two. Would you be getting it?

NintendoPie said:
happydolphin said:

I'm really hoping that Pikmin 3 does better than the other two. Would you be getting it?

Likely. I really enjoyed the first one and watched my brother play the 2nd one back when I put games on the backburner (about 5 years ago). I'm a fan of the series, really enjoyed the 1st one on the gamecube. The music was brilliant, the atmosphere was great, the graphics were amazing. It'll be glorious in HD and the game could really benefit from touch controls.

Would you?

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:
happydolphin said:

Likely. I really enjoyed the first one and watched my brother play the 2nd one back when I put games on the backburner (about 5 years ago). I'm a fan of the series, really enjoyed the 1st one on the gamecube. The music was brilliant, the atmosphere was great, the graphics were amazing. It'll be glorious in HD and the game could really benefit from touch controls.

Would you?

Of course! That is why Pikmin is in my Avatar. ^_^

Pick in 3 may be the reason I get a wii u

Mr. Miyamoto Really Enjoying (Torturing us over) Pikmin 3 So Far!

I wonder why does Miyamoto need HD graphics to make it closer to his ideal. Does it mean that the scenarios will have photo realistic graphics?

I'm eager to know more about it!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Very good news, wonder how it'll turn out...