By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' voted greatest game ending

Tagged games:

Call of Duty: Black Ops has been voted the greatest game ending of all time.

Activision's shooter beat Halo Reach and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to the crown, in a poll carried out by the Guinness World Records 2012: Gamer's Edition.

© Activision

The ending was also deemed better than the finales to PortalFinal Fantasy VII and God of War.

Fellow Call of Duty title Modern Warfare 2 also features on the list, which was voted for by more than 13,000 gaming fans.

The top ten gaming endings of all time in full:

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  2. Halo: Reach
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  5. God of War
  6. Red Dead Redemption
  7. Portal
  8. Metal Gear Solid 4
  9. Final Fantasy VII
  10. Heavy Rain

Around the Network

Bullshit I say!

Where is Bioshock!

man-bear-pig said:
Bullshit I say!

Bullshit is an understatement. Call of Duty Black Ops greatest game ending, Really?

I hate humans. I really do.

Around the Network

Common guys, who cares?

How two COD games made the list is beyond me, any of the other games is more deserving then Call of Duty

What the fucking fuck?!?

Not sure if serious...

In its defense, of the games on that list only Red Dead had a rather satisfying ending. I played everything on there to completion aside from FF7 so I can say that with confidence.

From a certain point of view, Black Ops did have a great ending in that I was so glad when I was finally done with the crappy campaign so I could move on to the multiplayer (the only reason to even put a CoD or any military shooter into your console in the first place really).