By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who's picking up Final Fantasy XIII-2?

Tagged games:

Simple thread. List what system you're picking it up for, and feel free to explain why. Do you value the acheivements, or do you prefer the trophys?

Were you tempted to pick up the collector's edition? I am picking up the Xbox 360 collector's edition from Best Buy....the story booklet was too tempting to resist. My Bestbuy will not carry the game guide the first day, which is I have to treck back to Gamestop to buy it. I do not own a PS3, so it was pretty straight forward which copy was the right choice for me.

This is NOT a thread to bash Final Fantasy XIII-2 or any of its series. Additionally, this is not a thread to bash others for their console preference.

Edit: Sorry, I tagged the wrong games :(

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network

Picked up a Collectors Edition copy for PS3, as well as the Collectors Edition strategy guide. I will be Platinuming this beast on normal mode.

I also ordered my friend a PS3 (SE) copy for christmas, as his family didn't get him squat.

...and on top of all that I ordered that Pre-Order Steelbook pack from the U.K. for 53 fricken dollars!

i will get it when it hits the bargain bin. and judging from the first game it will be in the bargain within the first few months

Wagram said:
Picked up a Collectors Edition copy for PS3, as well as the Collectors Edition strategy guide. I will be Platinuming this beast on normal mode.

I also ordered my friend a PS3 (SE) copy for christmas, as his family didn't get him squat.

...and on top of all that I ordered that Pre-Order Steelbook pack from the U.K. for 53 fricken dollars!

I'm going to really try this time to get every acheivement! I hope the collector's guide is worth it!

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

For sure I'm getting it this month but I haven't decided for which system. I got the FFXIII for the 360 and finish it but it didn't feel right playing a FF game on a 360 controller.

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
i will get it when it hits the bargain bin. and judging from the first game it will be in the bargain within the first few months

Did you not read the OP? Or were you so excited that you found another opportunity to bash FFXIII-2 that you didn't bother reading it?

Anyway, I've pre-ordered the PS3 collectors edition. The PS3 version will be better and I prefer playing Japanese games on Japanese systems. I pre-ordered the collector's edition because it was £10 extra yet you get so much more, what a great deal.

renting ps3

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Nightwish224 said:

Simple thread. List what system you're picking it up for, and feel free to explain why. Do you value the acheivements, or do you prefer the trophys?

Were you tempted to pick up the collector's edition? I am picking up the Xbox 360 collector's edition from Best Buy....the story booklet was too tempting to resist. My Bestbuy will not carry the game guide the first day, which is I have to treck back to Gamestop to buy it. I do not own a PS3, so it was pretty straight forward which copy was the right choice for me.

This is NOT a thread to bash Final Fantasy XIII-2 or any of its series. Additionally, this is not a thread to bash others for their console preference.

I too am getting it from Bestbuy for the PS3 tho.  Im assuming the story booklet is the Bestbuy preorder bonus?  I read that the booklet only comes packaged in with the regular edition.  I may/hope im wrong as im also getting the collector's edition.  But it makes sense seeing the bestbuy advertisement printed on the box art like how other games such as Assassin's Creed are doing it too.  However it makes the cover look dam ugly. As well it says "in-pack" so seems like its packaged with the game and not something they just give to every customer that purchases any copy of FFXIII-2.  I hope im wrong tho =(

As well ill try to platinum this as i did with the original =)

Definitely.
I preordered the collectors edition. Simply because, the only other CE i recall was FFXII, which was steel case.
This is by far the best collectors edition offered in the states for a FF. (though europe has a crystal one)

I've boughten some soundtracks (8,9,13). So it's actually worth it as the soundtrack's 35$ (I like the music I've heard). And it comes in a neat bundle, with an artbook, and digipack, the case is prettier, and more sensical since lightning isn't on the cover.

I don't like trophies or achievements I don't like them dinging I'm getting PS3. I'm excited, I liked 13 a lot. And I love monster catching (DQV had it :)). Plus it comes out on my birthday!

V-r0cK said:
Nightwish224 said:

I too am getting it from Bestbuy for the PS3 tho.  Im assuming the story booklet is the Bestbuy preorder bonus?  I read that the booklet only comes packaged in with the regular edition.  I may/hope im wrong as im also getting the collector's edition.  But it makes sense seeing the bestbuy advertisement printed on the box art like how other games such as Assassin's Creed are doing it too.  However it makes the cover look dam ugly. As well it says "in-pack" so seems like its packaged with the game and not something they just give to every customer that purchases any copy of FFXIII-2.  I hope im wrong tho =(

As well ill try to platinum this as i did with the original =)

When I ordered the CE it had that  listed as the pre-order bonus. So unless they lie, you'll get it!