By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Get out your magic 8-ball, Start up your DeLoreans! How many 10 million sellers will the PS3 have when it's all said and done?

Tagged games:

How many 10 million sellers will the PS3 have when it's all said and done?

3 7 29.17%

4 2 8.33%

5 5 20.83%

6 3 12.50%

7 5 20.83%

8 1 4.17%

9 0 0%

10 0 0%

Total:23

I remember a thread along the lines of this one on VGC quite some time ago, or atleast it felt like quite some time ago! Anyway, the premise was simple, 'How many 10 million sellers will the PS3 have when it's all said and done?' Back then it was hard to see the PS3 having too many 10 million sellers, if mind serves me correctly the majority of the answers ranged from 1, 2 or if they were feeling lucky, 3. Things have changed a lot since then, the PS3 recently passed 60 million units sold with over 500 million units of software sold.

With Modern Warfare 3 passing the big ole 10 million units sold mark, it gave the PS3 it's second 10 million seller! One more than the orignal PlayStation and three short of the PS2's total.

But how many more can it get? Along with your list I want you to provide me with one 'Wild Card' guess! 'Wild Card' - An unpredictable or unforseeable factor!

My list! (In no paticular order)

1) GTA IV

2) MW2

3) GT 5

4) GTA V

5) The next Call Of Duty

6) The next next Call Of Duty

Wild Card - Sports Champions.

Around the Network

hopefully SONY at least gets 1 self made game to pass 10mill by this gens end. With all these "Talented" Developers it shouldn't be toooo hard right?

Xxain said:
hopefully SONY at least gets 1 self made game pass 10mill by this gens end.

Pretty sure GT 5 can be that game. They've made games this gen that deserve 10 million in sales, namely, LittleBigPlanet.

TrevDaRev said:
Xxain said:
hopefully SONY at least gets 1 self made game pass 10mill by this gens end.

Pretty sure GT 5 can be that game. They've made games this gen that deserve 10 million in sales, namely, LittleBigPlanet.

Last time I checked LBP2 had less than half the sells LBP1 had. You can just tell hype sold the original. If LBP was as deserving as you claim everybody who bought the original should have picked the 2nd up... at least.

I think 6.

AstroMaSSi rules

Around the Network
Wild card: Gran Turismo 6 (but I doubt it'll come out for PS3 :/)

Yeah, doubtful. Although, who knows? It would make sense! Let's say the release it in 2013, (depending on when in the year they would release it) they cold be releasing it to an install base close to 80 million. In saying that it also makes sense to have a killer title like GT for the PS4's launch! 

Christ you're kididng right?

Anyway, don't see the 2013 COD doing 10m on PS3.

So I say 7

1. Next cod (and so on)
2. Mw2
3. Gta4
4. Gt5
5.gta5
6.battlefield 4.
7. Assassins creed 3

Wild cards- uncharted 2 or 3(if they are put in a major bundle) , lbp1 if its super bundled, mgs5 - if released this gen,

Seece said:

I can see it chugging on for years to come. Won't hit 10 million, but I thought I'd be optimistic about it.

TrevDaRev said:
Seece said:

I can see it chugging on for years to come. Won't hit 10 million, but I thought I'd be optimistic about it.

K, fair enough ..