By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision Blames Gamers For PS3 Elite DLC Confusion

Tagged games:

Who To Blame For This, Gamers or Activision ???

Gamers 28 35.90%

Activision 49 62.82%

Total:77

Activision Blogger Dan Amrich States:

"Somewhere along the way, people convinced themselves that an Elite subscription would trump the 2010 DLC exclusivity deal that was created before Elite existed - that by paying for Elite, they were somehow invalidating a contract between Activision and Microsoft, It doesn't make any sense, but it is what people started to think."

"I can find no evidence of 'buy Elite, get PS3 DLC same time as 360' ever being so much as suggested by any official source," he wrote. "It was never one of the things listed in the official benefits chart; it was never promised by any representative of Activision, Call of Duty, Elite, or its developers. Honestly? I think gamers just convinced themselves that it would happen because they wanted it to happen. That makes sense, but it doesn't make it true."

Around the Network

For once, I have to agree with Activision.

They should've played it on the 360, a.k.a the superior version.

Level1Death said:

you mean PC version, right???

People are actually paying for this shit?

Around the Network
Level1Death said:

What are you on about?

badgenome said:
People are actually paying for this shit?

Yeah I know, you can get a full priced game instead of this rubbish..

oniyide said:
Level1Death said:

Of course the PC version is the best. I was just referring to the PS3 and 360 because that's what the blog was about.

No matter how you put it, Activision is right on this one. In fact, people knew this all too well that PS3 elite members would be getting DLC after 360 elite members, but they complain just to troll.

Also why should it matter to PS3 users if another platform gets it first due to a deal, PS3 got about 10 more quality exclusives than the 360 last year, why don't the PS3 users just play some of these exclusives in the month that they have to wait for the COD dlc to come to their platform?

360 gets stupid timed exclusive dlcs, PS3 gets actual real games. I think we all know who has the better deal. The gamers are indeed to blame.

Level1Death said:
oniyide said:
Level1Death said:

Of course the PC version is the best. I was just referring to the PS3 and 360 because that's what the blog was about.

statement still is not accurate, its the same game on both systems...aw f**k it DLC first is DLC first. which would edge it out. Luckily for me, i never buy COD DLC so PS3=360 for me. 

OT yup Acti's right on this one. MS paid for its timed crap fair a square, some people need to deal with it or just wait. I dont hear the PC guys complaning, or even the Wii guys...much