By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doom 4 on PS3 could have more data than PC and 360 versions- John Carmack

Tagged games:

you can't play blue-ray games on PC yet?

wait a sec!! when was Doom 4 announced :O

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:

Sure you can. But there are only like 3 games available and none of them are made by a decent developer.

All i care about is this game on WiiU

As much as I love id software. Doom 4 will be out in next 2 years ish.
Of which I will be playing 720. So unless doom 4 is changed and released on Xbox 720 I'll be playing the 360 version on a 720. Hardly impressive id that doom 4 will look old when it arrives because we will have 720 software our by then.

Id rage was great but your late to the party this gen. Move doom 4 to development on 720 when you have dev kit in march.

In fact that is exactly what they will do. Doom 4 will move development to Nexgen Xbox. Watch this space. Especially if they are right now saying it might be out in 2014.

1: ID is full of crap and screwing over PC gamers then.
2: More data doesn't necesarrily make a game better.
3: Never been a fan of Doom, so unless they turn it into a mega awesome game, and release for WiiU or 720, I probably won't get it anyway.

You've gotten old and slow Carmack, time to step up to the plate again.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Barozi said:
Roma said:

Sure you can. But there are only like 3 games available and none of them are made by a decent developer.

Woot, which games?

Mostly game compilations:

http://www.amazon.de/TopWare-Ultimate-Blu-BluRay-ROM/dp/B000WL3874/ref=sr_1_1?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1327686643&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.de/BluRay-30-Collection-ROM/dp/B001LLH6OU/ref=sr_1_3?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1327686643&sr=1-3

Actually I thought the games on them were worse than that. Decent ones, just old (though not that old).

Still excited for doom 4. I liked doom 3 a lot

doesnt mean it will be the superior version or even superior vs the x-box which is what is important to gamers, just that some video and audio wont be compressed. i wouldnt even hold my breath expecting the ps3 version to be on par or better than its reveal version the x-box b/c of what we've seen from carmacks past console work and his stance on the 2 consoles

Play Me

kowenicki said:
more data? dammit.. that'll be the better version then cos it has more 1010001000111100010101000

No, I think the extra data will just be the Mandt Install crap.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

The article GamingBolt is quoting is based on an interview from QuakeCon LAST year. This is all old hat and speculation about Doom 4 before Rage was even released.