By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Using a Dualshock 3 as a PC controller

Tagged games:

Anyone know how to do this? Try as I might, I can't get the hang of using a mouse and keyboard.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I believe you need to use these drivers : http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/install

Here are some instructions : http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/sixaxis-dualshock-3-connecting-usb

I dont have a ps3 so i have never done that, but from what i have read that is what most people use. Not sure if you have access to a corded xbox controller, but those are plug and play and work well with a lot of games already. If you have the wireless you need to get an adapter. But i use my controller for almost all of my pc games.

Thranx beat me to it. But motion joy drivers are the way to go.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Yeah, I wish I had bluetooth in my PC... I have a 360 controller for PC, and even though that's one of the best PC controller around, my left hand hurts a bit after a while because of the annoying placement of the left analog stick.

Never experienced that with the Dualshock.

motionjoy FTW

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Lame Panda, I don't have a "bluetooth dongle" sad times.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Would something like this help me use the controller? The one in the "how to" videos on motion joy didn't look anything like this...

I would use a 360 controller, but most of the games I play are retro games on emulators that need a good D-pad.

pezus said:
Ajescent said:

Would something like this help me use the controller? The one in the "how to" videos on motion joy didn't look anything like this...

You only need to use the USB cable that came with your PS3, bluetooth is only optional and, if you're sitting close to your screen, not needed anyway. 

Okay...the think recognises the DS3 is here but can't seem to access it,

It says....

INFO:InstallDriver start...

SUCCESS:Set Selected Device.

SUCCESS:Get Device Install Params.

SUCCESS:Set Device Install Params.

SUCCESS:Building Driver Info List.

SUCCESS:Call Class Installer.

SUCCESS:Get MotioninJoy Driver.

SUCCESS:Install MotioninJoy Driver start......

ERROR:Install MotioninJoy Driver fail.. Error code:0X2

I've been thinking about getting a PS3 or a 360 controller for my PC but I still have my PS2 adapter somewhere, which works great if you don't mind the cord.