By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Plenty of CG for FF Versus XIII

Tagged games:

http://andriasang.com/comzoe/nomura_famitsu_interview/

Famitsu managed to score an interview with Tetsuya Nomura as part of its latest look at Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. As one would expect, Nomura slipped in a few bits about the other projects that are in the works at Square Enix's 1st Production Department.

Regarding Final Fantasy X HD, Nomura mentioned that development on the game has started. We previously heard some reports from a German magazine that development was in the early phases.

Nomura was a bit more open with Final Fantasy Versus XIII details, saying the following:

• Nomura recently did the latest check of the game. The visual expression capability has improved from the trailer that was released last year.
  • The game has a mix of real time and Visual Works pre-rendered CG. The ratio is 7 real time to 3 pre rendered.
  • The scene where Noctus and Stella meet for the first time has been made into a pre-rendered scene. This is because it's an example of an area where adding player control would not have a big effect.
  • Square Enix won't be holding an event ala last year's January press conference this year. However, Nomura said that he'd like to make some sort Versus related announcement/showing this year, although he can't say when or where.
  • The next time we see Versus XIII, we will get a look at it being controlled on actual hardware.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I cant wait for E3 thats where we'll probably see more of the game =) i doubt he'll show it sooner than that

Around the Network

Release Date: April 1st 2034

The poor thing is going to cop the Gran Turismo 5 treatment, where the game can be as good as it wants but people will still be disappointed after 7 years of waiting.

im sure this game actually started in development on the ps2

Panama said:
Release Date: April 1st 2034

The poor thing is going to cop the Gran Turismo 5 treatment, where the game can be as good as it wants but people will still be disappointed after 7 years of waiting.

Dont you mean 22 years? :P

so much negativity =P people will think you guys lack games to play

well i hope SE will improve and shorten their development cycles but i still want this game a lot.

Around the Network

Lol finally more news for Versus. I'll bet for a release of Spring 2013 in Japan.

I think all the negativity has been used on FFXIII.   FFXIII got the "this long for this?" treatment because of all the hype, and it's tempered people's expectations of Versus considerably.   Whenever it comes out, it'll probably be more like "Oh.  That game.  Hey, it's actually pretty good."

At least that's the feeling I get given the way people talk about XIII and Versus now.  It'll end up kinda like Red Dead Redemption, methinks.

the gameplay in the last trailer was very interesting. i like the action rpg aproach. it has to be either full action rpg or full turn based.

the thing that bothered me in the ffxiii-2 demo was how it felt like it was supposed to play faster so it felt frustrating when you didnt start with the haste advantage. i dont know if that gets better in the full version but i cant imagine how slow it will feel with 5 or 6 atb slots.

Why are SE getting off lightly? There are jerking everyone around. They need to pull their shit together.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

"Nomura said that he'd like to make some sort Versus related announcement/showing this year, although he can't say when or where."

People are expecting this game to release in Japan this year, those guys at Squeenix only expect to make Versus related announcement? Is this game moved to PS4 or what? We're waiting since 2006 for this game.