I liked it all right. 60 21.74%

I did not feel strongly about it. 23 8.33%

It was a pretty weak FF. 43 15.58%

Worst FF ever! 42 15.22%

Worst game ever! 9 3.26%

I'M HATMOZA AND THIS TOPIC MAKES ME BARF 13 4.71%

I never played this game. 22 7.97%

Total:276

All right, guys. I have waited long enough.

Back when FF12 (yes twelve) was announced, I remember getting caught up in the hate wave. I hated the art style, the character designs, everything about it which I saw. This didn't look like what made Final Fantasy great! Pah! Fie and foo! I went into FF12 expecting it to be the worst game in the series. Worst game ever. I had talk to people, nominally of good taste, who assured me that the characters were bland, the story nonexistent, and the storytelling passe.

It ended up being the best-crafted game in the series, with the best characters, and I'm not ashamed to say that if it's not my favorite then it's tied for first.

That game taught me that I can't listen to people when it comes to Final Fantasy, because I never know what parts I'll like or won't like.

I had to listen to the FFXIII trailer several dozen times over the course of a month, and the FFXIII-2 trailer several hundred since then. I have grown to hate theg ames without playing them, because so many parts of them (like the voices, the acting, the script) I know to be atrocious. Right?

But no. I don't really know. Ashelia Bnargan of Dalmasca stands testament to how I don't really know.

So when a Chinese copy of FFXIII on the PS3 slid through my view at some point, I snapped it up. Aw yeah, English menus and subtitles with Japanese dialogue options. That's bound to be the way to play.

So that's what I'm going to do. THis topic will be a chronicle of my adventures through the world of... whatever this world is called.

Let's see how it goes.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Is the title of this thread a stab at the game? Because we all know it plays itself.

Definitely going to find out if that's true. People said it about 12, but I liked the customization of the Gambit system. We'll see.

Another Man didn't finished Final Fantasy Xlll

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

You hated FFX didn't you? Chances are that you aren't going to like this one as well; it's very similar except for the combat. The combat will be a make it or break it thing for you. Just don't expect anything grand from the story, dialogue, characters, world and replay value.

Good luck.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Khuutra, I know I gave you a piece of my mind back when you used to defend FF12, but I whole hardheartedly appreciate  it as a game after playing FFXIII.

Mark my words, you will hate FFXIII, and the hate for the game will come full circle with that.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I liked FF XIII quite a bit - ofcourse just playing the story isn't enough, but platinuming it was quite fun and I didn't regret that in any way.

Btw I played the jpn version and I'm currently trying to pick up a jpn version of XIII-2.

God FF13 is awful -_- It's basically the perfect example of what happens when a developer only cares about graphics.

Hey let's forget story, characters, gameplay, exploration and everything else. They should have taken Gran Pulse, fleshed it out a little more, put some towns around it and BOOM awesome. Oh and then scrapped every single character and redone them all, apart from Sazh. Then scrap the entire story, every single thing. The fact you can't enter a thread about ff13's story on forums without people discussing Ezio (who is mentioned perhaps once/twice in the entire game) or the book says it all.

I will say it get's good around the 25 hour mark.... then it stops being good around the 30 hour mark.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

I will follow your journey but only if you have good things to say about the game lol

I love the fact that hatmoza is a poll option. I'm looking forward to your chronicle Khuutra. Get serenaded by Maaya Sakamoto.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.