By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Currently playing the FF13-2 Demo and I have to say-

Tagged games:

What do you think of the game based on the demo

FF13 eat your heart out, ... 10 15.87%

Better than FF13 so far 20 31.75%

It's kinda okay for me, nothing special 11 17.46%

Dinnae like it 1 1.59%

What pile o' crap is this?! Damn it Square!! 4 6.35%

FF13 & 13-2 can kiss my ass. 17 26.98%

Total:63

GAME IS AWESOME!!!

FF13 sucks baubles but this is amazing!!!

I never knew how much I missed having other people walking around and being able to talk to them innanly until I played this game. Towns!! How I've missed towns!!!!

What was that you say? a fetch quest that doesn't involve fighting?! Get out of town!!!

Wait a minute...did I...did I just change the team leader- MID BATTLE?! Mind=blown!

A shop that actually has a shop assistant! gasp!

multi layered map woohoo!!

Not 100% on song with the whole pokemon vibe the game is going for but we'll see.

The visuals are poor compared to FF13 and apart from the quick time events Cinematic...something, I'm overly impressed with the demo!

Though I'm still suspicious how quickly they churned this out but yet can't release V13 to save their lives.

What's everyone else's take?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Pretty much fixes a lot of FFXIII criticisms. Voice acting is a lot better. I also enjoyed the illusion of freedom it offered with the town available in the demo. The side quests were a bit unauthentic and a bit unnatural out of place, but overall, a good break from the main story. I liked the idea of collecting monsters as a 3rd party member. The chocobo clerk is quite charming (and quite the stalker).

And, Sarah is fucking hot.

Dislikes:

The gameplay is still repetitive. You could get away with spamming x and switching pedigrims once or twice if needed (I can never remember this word). The in game button sequence was a bit lazy to be honest and completely for show. Which probably isn't that bad for some, but I didn't like it. The soundtrack was gawd awful when - a mixture of hip-hop techno funk. Despite liking the idea of having a monster for a 3rd party member, I'd prefer an actual developing character. I can't relate to  a monster, and I think it's completely stupid that you can play dress-up with them. The level-up crystrium thingy majingy is on rails again.  The sidequests are a bit empty, "fight this monster" which is nothing more than any other random monster battle you encountered. "find this item" ... they just seemed to be tacked on. 

I'm passing on the game.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

The first battle against the boss, reminded me how boring the battle system was.

FF13: Auto battle > stagger > commando win
FF13-2: Auto battle > Quick time event > stagger > commando win

hatmoza said:

I'm passing on the game.

You don't say...

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Heh, I didn't listen to the Soundtrack as I had the volume down so I guessed I dodged a bullet. This game is a definite rental now, at first it was a "screw you sucka!!" But now I'll rent it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Around the Network

Not as good as FFXIII, but I'm still definitely buying it.

The game has far too much time wasting in it, 2 hours of Final Fantasy XIII-2 felt like 10 minutes of Final Fantasy XIII, the game needs to be more focused, and battles need to be optional. Way too much is thrown at you at once, the battle system doesn't work as well and the menu's are a bit too convoluted.

The polish isn't as good, the graphics are still nice and the art style is good too, but it's only on par with Final Fantasy XIII. The cutscenes are worse, and from what I played there was a lot less of them, which is a bit disappointing. The framerate is fairly choppy, especially on the 360 version, luckily the graphics margin is a lot closer this time but the hair is still a bit iffy in the 360 version.

The side quests, QTE's, mini-games and dialogue options feel forced down your throat, while they aren't exactly a bad thing, it feels like they are trying too hard to prove a point.

Overall, I found the demo fun. I was disappointed because it wasn't more like FFXIII, I wanted it to remain straightforward, polished and cinematic, but it was something new, and I enjoyed immersing myself into the world.

I might play more of the 360 version to compare the graphics and the framerate. File sizes were also different, 360 version was 1.3gb and PS3 version was 1.8gb.

Ajescent said:

GAME IS AWESOME!!!

FF13 sucks baubles but this is amazing!!!

I never knew how much I missed having other people walking around and being able to talk to them innanly until I played this game. Towns!! How I've missed towns!!!!

What was that you say? a fetch quest that doesn't involve fighting?! Get out of town!!!

Wait a minute...did I...did I just change the team leader- MID BATTLE?! Mind=blown!

A shop that actually has a shop assistant! gasp!

multi layered map woohoo!!

Not 100% on song with the whole pokemon vibe the game is going for but we'll see.

The visuals are poor compared to FF13 and apart from the quick time events Cinematic...something, I'm overly impressed with the demo!

Though I'm still suspicious how quickly they churned this out but yet can't release V13 to save their lives.

What's everyone else's take?

...and WHAT a Shop-Assistent!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

brendude13 said:

The game has far too much time wasting in it, 2 hours of Final Fantasy XIII-2 felt like 10 minutes of Final Fantasy XIII, the game needs to be more focused, and battles need to be optional. Way too much is thrown at you at once, the battle system doesn't work as well and the menu's are a bit too convoluted.

The polish isn't as good, the graphics are still nice and the art style is good too, but it's only on par with Final Fantasy XIII. The cutscenes are worse, and from what I played there was a lot less of them, which is a bit disappointing. The framerate is fairly choppy, especially on the 360 version, luckily the graphics margin is a lot closer this time but the hair is still a bit iffy in the 360 version.

The side quests, QTE's, mini-games and dialogue options feel forced down your throat, while they aren't exactly a bad thing, it feels like they are trying too hard to prove a point.

Overall, I found the demo fun. I was disappointed because it wasn't more like FFXIII, I wanted it to remain straightforward, polished and cinematic, but it was something new, and I enjoyed immersing myself into the world.

I might play more of the 360 version to compare the graphics and the framerate. File sizes were also different, 360 version was 1.3gb and PS3 version was 1.8gb.

Just to let you know that battles are optional, when they pop out, just run out of the red circle instead of engaging the enemy.

Ajescent said:
brendude13 said:

Just to let you know that battles are optional, when they pop out, just run out of the red circle instead of engaging the enemy.

That facepalm was for me by the way...I don't know what to say.

Damn it have to finish FF13 soon

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share