By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you want that's different in Grand Theft Auto 5?

Tagged games:

Do you want this game on the Wii U?

Yes 9 30.00%

Yes, I want to see what t... 4 13.33%

Noe 14 46.67%

Maybe 2 6.67%

other 0 0%

Will there be 3DS connect... 1 3.33%

Total:30

As much as I liked Niko, actual 'fun' would be nice, like in Episodes from Liberty City.

Co-op would be nice also, along with more fleshed out multiplayer. But it has to have co-op that doesn't feel tacked on eg. Saints Row 3.

Around the Network

A) Car customization and a garage that you can save multiple cars in (Like in Saints Row 3)

B) More ridiculous weapons like flamethrowers, miniguns, etc. Realism is cool but there needs to be crazy fun shit.

C) Airplanes and Tanks. Self explanatory.

D) Online free mode but with more options like cheats, as well as settings. Also you should be able to do everything in online free mode that you can do in single player.

E) Improved shooting mechanics, like Uncharted or Gears.

F) More crazy fun shit. This isn't specific at all, but I just want random fun things to do in game.

BasilZero said:

I think they should first release a exclusive enhanced port of GTAIV on the Wii-U , I doubt GTAV will be released in 2012, we might see a 2013 release for it.

Yes rockstar should fuck over the two consoles whose owners bought nearly 10million copies of GTA IV each, in favor of an unproven platform with a radical idea that might just fail. The game should be on the wii u, just sounds about as unrealistic for it to be a timed exclusive as Call of Duty to be a timed exclusive on the wii u.

Anyway back on topic. They should include varied game modes that you can activate after you beat the game. Example zombie mode, martial law mode, alien invasion mode, etc. 

Also I really really want them to include a hard mode, where cops can actually somewhat keep up with you, you aren't a bulletproof tank immune to all damage, and escaping the police is more complicated then getting past a small circle or spray painting your car.

1. No cell phone system. It's annoying.

2. More mission variety. The missions in GTA4 were pretty repetitive.

3. Crazy weapons, vehicles, equipment, etc.

4. Add checkpoints in missions like in RDR. It's annoying having to drive from one island to the next to accept the mission and repeat the whole mission again especially if the mission is long.

5. Improved animation, controlling and collision detection. Every Rockstar game feels clunky.

6. Fun gameplay

As you can see, I'm currently playing GTA4, and imo, it's horrible.

BasilZero said:
Mirson said:

1. No cell phone system. It's annoying.

2. More mission variety. The missions in GTA4 were pretty repetitive.

3. Crazy weapons, vehicles, equipment, etc.

4. Add checkpoints in missions like in RDR. It's annoying having to drive from one island to the next to accept the mission and repeat the whole mission again especially if the mission is long.

5. Improved animation, controlling and collision detection. Every Rockstar game feels clunky.

6. Fun gameplay

As you can see, I'm currently playing GTA4, and imo, it's horrible.

Yeah I've recently started playing it and found the cellphone feature annoying xd!

It sucks that it's kind of mandatory since you receive some missions via your phone. You can't progress if your phone is turned off, and you lose friendship points if you decline or refuse to answer the phone.

Around the Network
Marks said:
A) Car customization and a garage that you can save multiple cars in (Like in Saints Row 3)

i dont know about you, but more car customization is not going to make the gta series any more innovative or 'better.' wouldnt you want something that actually improves the series in any significant way?

B) More ridiculous weapons like flamethrowers, miniguns, etc. Realism is cool but there needs to be crazy fun shit.

again, this just seems to be some surface level upgrade that is not going to improve the game in any significant way

well, i can actually see this. it isnt a hardcore game without airplanes and tanks. so we definitely need more of those.

D) Online free mode but with more options like cheats, as well as settings. Also you should be able to do everything in online free mode that you can do in single player.

'cheats' isnt the end all be all of a game. i understand wanting to have fun with the game, but being able to play it in dk mode isnt going to improve the game in any significant way.

ok so what youre proposing basically is a game that is less like grand theft auto, and more like uncharted or gears. makes sense. if i had the choice, i would choose some improved jumping mechanics like in super mario 3d land.

F) More crazy fun shit. This isn't specific at all, but I just want random fun things to do in game.

if youre looking for a game that is just random and fun i would just suggest playing fuzion frenzy or boom blox. these kinds of things dont belong in a gta game.

well i refuted your arguments

lewisgerm said:
Marks said:

i dont know about you, but more car customization is not going to make the gta series any more innovative or 'better.' wouldnt you want something that actually improves the series in any significant way?

again, this just seems to be some surface level upgrade that is not going to improve the game in any significant way

well, i can actually see this. it isnt a hardcore game without airplanes and tanks. so we definitely need more of those.

'cheats' isnt the end all be all of a game. i understand wanting to have fun with the game, but being able to play it in dk mode isnt going to improve the game in any significant way.

ok so what youre proposing basically is a game that is less like grand theft auto, and more like uncharted or gears. makes sense. if i had the choice, i would choose some improved jumping mechanics like in super mario 3d land.

if youre looking for a game that is just random and fun i would just suggest playing fuzion frenzy or boom blox. these kinds of things dont belong in a gta game.

well i refuted your arguments

My responses to your responses:

A) How could car customization possibly be a bad thing? Half the time I've spent playing Saints Row 3 is collecting and customizing cars. Yeah it doesn't add anything to the mechanics of the game and is just a "surface upgrade" but it wouldn't be hard to implement and is a lot of fun for people like me.

B) Why would you not want crazy weapons? I'm not talking about made up laser weapons and shit, miniguns and flamethrowers are both very real, and were in previous games. If you don't want em then don't use them, but I'm sure more people would be happy to have them then would be pissed off because of them. 

C) Glad we agree

D) I ONLY mean cheats for online free roam in a private match with your friends. And really I just mean cheats like all guns and what-not. Me and my friends would always run around and collect every gun on the map (with full ammo) and then find a spot to hold out for as long as possible from the cops before we die. It would be nice if there was just an all guns cheat so we could skip the 20 minutes of collecting every gun and go straight to the action! I'm not talking about stupid shit like "big head mode" or whatever, just stuff like all guns, invincibility if you want it, spawning cars, etc. There's really no reason not to have them if its just a private/unranked match. And as I said for point B, if you don't want em don't use em...

E) I'm not talking about all the jumping/platforming from uncharted, just simply the shooting/aiming system. The aiming system in GTAIV wasn't gamebreaking but really kinda sucked, it would be nice if it was a lot smoother like in Uncharted/Gears. That's all I was saying...I'm not talking about making the gameplay like Uncharted or Gears. I don't know why anyone would be against a smoother, improved aiming system.

F) This was just a general statement, I meant things like mini-games, strip clubs, hookers, etc. And how can you possibly say random fun things don't belong in GTA? What about things like Kill Frenzies like back in GTA2 where it gives you a random weapon and you have to kill as many people as possible in a certain time period...you don't call that random fun shit? GTA is built on random fun shit...it didn't become "realistic" until GTA4. 

Oh and also one more thing I should have put in my original list is bringing back gangs like in GTA2. I missed out on GTA3/Vice/San Andreas (parents didn't let me play them, was too young at the time) so I don't know if they had this but GTA2 which I did play had a really sweet gang system where you could gain or lose respect from various gangs and that would determine whether they would try to kill you, help you, or just leave you alone. It added a really fun element to the game. I wish there were gangs in GTAV. 

i want it to be in like a warzone!

and i want it to be like first person, and shooting bad guys in short bursts between cutscenes and setpieces!

and i want it to have like great multiplayer.

that would like be the most awesomest GTA EVER!!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Enjoyable gameplay that won't bore me after 30 minutes ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

The main thing is that there's a variety to the missions. Otherwise, more of the same but without all of the glitches.

Also, I wanted to tell you that We Built This City On Rock and Roll is one of the worst songs ever written. Even Kung Fu Fighting is better.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger