By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SMRPG vs. Paper Mario vs. Mario and Luigi

Tagged games:

SMRPG or Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi??

Super Mario RPG 30 27.27%

Paper Mario 49 44.55%

Mario and Luigi 13 11.82%

ALL OF THEM!! 16 14.55%

I hate Mario 0 0%

Neither 2 1.82%

Total:110

Alright Gamrconnect, you decide!

Which Mario RPG series is your favourite?

Is it Super Mario RPG?

Paper Mario?

or Mario and Luigi?

IMO I prefer Mario and Luigi because it is one of the few RPG games that I have enjoyed and finished.

Around the Network

Mario and Luigi

I've only played paper mario and super mario rpg...

i didn't like super mario rpg. though it  was entertaining, the game part... was boring. I thought paper mario was neat.

Paper Mario ALL.THE.WAY!

DO NOT talk to me about Super Paper Mario THOUGH. WHAT.A.PIECE.OF.i gotta go.

While Partners in Time is only good. BIS is just amazing like SS. Paper Mario is great but I still need to play PM2. I still don't get why SMRPG is so popular though.

vote goes to M&L.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Paper Mario ALL.THE.WAY!

DO NOT talk to me about Super Paper Mario THOUGH. WHAT.A.PIECE.OF.i gotta go.

My sentiments exactly.

Paper Mario > Mario & Luigi >> Super Mario RPG.

Tough call between Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi. I think I'd say Mario & Luigi just for the fact that the titles have been incredibly innovative with their controls (one button per character on GBA, bowser's giant scenes on DS etc.), not to mention that it includes some of the most hilarious moments of any RPG series I've played.

super Mario RPG, anyone who says otherwise is...I don't even know. It was basically the perfect game and was one of the first to blend platforming and Role Playing. Had mario with all His staples, as well as a robust and well thought out story with great characters and graphics and audio and sidequests and easter eggs and...

My point is, Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi are good, but they don't hold a candle to the charm, wit, and depth of Super Mario RPG. Not to mention Mario RPG looked and sounded better on an SNES than any of those games looked in much more powerful hardware.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

fordy said:
Tough call between Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi. I think I'd say Mario & Luigi just for the fact that the titles have been incredibly innovative with their controls (one button per character on GBA, bowser's giant scenes on DS etc.), not to mention that it includes some of the most hilarious moments of any RPG series I've played.

This. I couldn't have put it better.