By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we officially say that Spryo is indeed back now? When will it be Crash Bandicoot's turn?

Tagged games:

The game has been well received even if it's pheriphiral heavy.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Crash fell victim to the demise of "Animals with a 'Tude" popularity. His games were never really all that amazing. They have held up surprisingly well over time, though. Even with Naughty Dog at the helm, Crash's games never reached the levels of fun and creativity seen in a Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong, etc. (though Crash Team Racing was the best Kart game ever made when it released).

Crash didn't have a creative world, a likeable cast, or any real appeal aside from the fact that he was Sony's mascot and his games were the best 3D platformers the Playstation had to offer (though 2D games like Klonoa and Tomba did it better...). Universal just doesn't have the chops to compete with the big boys. I suspect that if Nintendo let a company make second rate Mario and Zelda games, they would do poorly, too.

Now go bomb some Dodangos.

Old Spyro games sold millions...Its not back but its going there.
Crash comeback would be possible only if ND would do it, which it won't.

Take my love, take my land..

Most succesful Spyro to date? Have you forgotten about the PS1 ones that all sold over 3,5M? The first one scratched 5M. Spyro won't come back to it's roots anytime soon.

Crash died in popularity when they changed the formula that worked. 3D platformer with 2D aspects. Something nintendo have just used on Mario 3D.

Crash Bandicoot 3 was the best platformer around until SMG. It had fun platforming, it had a variety of locations and enemies. It had power ups. It had comedy. It had time trials. It had bonus levels and it had varied gameplay (standard platforming, running through with a bazooka, doing a bike race, etc)

Crash 3 was the peak in the series, Wrath of Cortex sold really, REALLY well and even Crash Twinsanity (best OST ever) was great. They killed the series though when they decided to change Crash AND the general gameplay with Crash of the Titans.

If a real 3D/2D Crash is developed by a team who actually know how to make platformers, then Crash can eventually return to being a multi-million seller.

Around the Network

The Spyro game is just genius.

Aimed at kids, comes with collectable statues, multi-platform with all platforms and cross platform play.... AND has Spyro to lure in older players.

I'd say the Spyro franchise is still dead though.  I think anything he does will have the Skylander's title... and will need it.

Crash could easily make a comeback if they got a really good developer to do it. Just look at Batman Arkham Asylum, nobody expected another Batman game to be good, but it was super well made, got good reviews and good word of mouth and it sold great. I could see Crash doing the same thing if a good company like ND, Insomniac, Media Molecule, etc. made it. Those are just example companies, obviously they wouldn't be the ones to do it.

Spyro isn't back and wont ever be back unless the series is some how bought back by Insomniac.

spurgeonryan said:
Marks said:
Crash could easily make a comeback if they got a really good developer to do it. Just look at Batman Arkham Asylum, nobody expected another Batman game to be good, but it was super well made, got good reviews and good word of mouth and it sold great. I could see Crash doing the same thing if a good company like ND, Insomniac, Media Molecule, etc. made it. Those are just example companies, obviously they wouldn't be the ones to do it.

I do not know if I would want a full on 3D world, but I also would hate for Crash to leave his old ways. Make it like the second Crash and I am in! That was soo much fun back then!

Yeah man Crash 2 and 3 were so good! I think people would love a new well made Crash game, and if it got good reviews I could see it selling fairly well and being worthy of more games to follow. 

It will never come back and so hasn't Spyro because unfortunately Activision own the rights to these....