By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - That's right, Suikoden thread!!

Tagged games:

Which Suikoden is the best

suikoden 1 4 8.00%

suikoden ii 28 56.00%

suikoden 3 7 14.00%

suikoden iv 0 0%

suikoden five 5 10.00%

there's more than that? 2 4.00%

wtf is a suikoden? 4 8.00%

Total:50

Hi,

I've been playing in the latest mafia thread on vgc (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=137320&page=1#) and it really rekindled my love for the game.

I've been thinking about getting a Suikoden, so to help me out, let's start with a poll. Which Suikoden is the best?

Personally, I loved 2, and all the things you could do. The top down army battles, everyone in the castle doing some specific job or bringing something new...

I got 3 when it came out abck in the day, but it just really kinda disappointed. No more army battles, new characters barely brought anything new...story was meh.

Around the Network

Personally I love 3 the most.
Zexen_Lowe (No longer on this site) answer: Suikoden 2.

(I wonder if anyone will ever pick 4)

Acevil said:

Agreed.  The trinity Site system was fantasticly done and I hope something similar is used in future games. 

While 3 might be my favorite, I am a huge fan of the entire series. 

will there ever be another suikoden?It's been forever since the last one.

Acevil said:

Where did Zexen go?

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Acevil said:

Where did Zexen go?

Left the site, he still chats on IRC. And he was the biggest suikoden fan on this site. 

the second one because its the only one i played.

Suikoden III

Love that game to bits. ahhh my teenage years will never come back :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTr7LjzYkwM

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Wow i'm the only guy that liked 1 the most.... I think for this series your favourite will be the first one you played. I bought Suikoden off the psn store cause i've always heard great stuff about 2. Instantly loved it and probably spent a good 150+ hrs on 2 playthroughs.

*Spoiler Alert*

I loved the story, Tir was a badass, losing Gremio was epically sad, whoopin Neclords ass made me feel great, building my own army, naming my army and castle. having Qlon greet me all the time XD. And the unique characters, Viki and Jeane are so awesome, soo excited when I meet them in the other games. It had ninjas, elves, a tigerman, vampire, dragons. Truly an epic game.

*End Spoiler*

I've played almost all of the games but i"ve only beat 1,3,5 and tactics. After Suikoden 1 I bought Suikoden Tactics and beat that. Weak story in my opinion but it was one of the first strategy RPG's I played so i I loved it. I also loved the cast of characters.

Next I played Suikoden 2 on an emulator and it definately had more than the first game and even a better told story. Halfway through my computer crapped out and I just haven't gotten back to it. I would love to actually own it in some way. I dont want to pay $200 right now, so I hope konami releases a port on something soon.

Next I played and beat Suikoden 5. The story wasn't as good as 1 or 2 but imo it was still an epic tale. The game definately felt like a suikoden game and I loved it. I only wish it sold more so then Konami would give this series more priority.

Next I played and beat Suikoden 3 recently. I needed more suikoden in my life so I went online and bought 3 off ebay. I didnt like the story as much as the others. But I did like the trinity site and seeing the story through the different characters. Treasure bosses was also something I liked and actually hope to see it again in future games, tho I hated all the running around i had to do to face them multiple times.

I will buy Suikoden 4 eventually. Just need to order it since I haven't seen it anywhere locally.

I'd like to know everyone's top 10 characters since theres so many of them. My list is like this:

1. Tir McDohl (I,II)
2. Viki (All)
3. Jeane (All)
4. The Prince (V)
5. Lyon (V)
6. Miakis (V)
7. Millay (IV)
8. Viktor (I,II)
9. Chris Lightfellow (III)
10. Georg Prime (II,V)

Definitely 5 for me. Did everyone played it? 3 is very good but I think 5 is miles better. I would put it in that order: 5/2/3/1/4