By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Mario Kart 3DS completed as "act of emergency"

Tagged games:

You like this news

Yes 12 21.05%

No 10 17.54%

Netrual 19 33.33%

I guess they needed the sales 10 17.54%

They just ruined a great game! 6 10.53%

Total:57

Nintendo considered completing Mario Kart 7 on 3DS by the end of this year "an act of emergency", the game's producer has admitted.

Mario Kart 7 initially started life as an internal project staffed by eight people, producer Hideki Konno revealed in a new Iwata Asks interview

But several production designers were moved to work on 3DS launch title Nintendogs + Cats to ensure that game was ready for the handheld's release line-up.

Nintendo eventually called on the services of Metroid Prime Trilogy and Donkey Kong Country developer Retro Studios to make sure Mario Kart 7 was finished this year.

Source

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

This is something. I see that they really needed to have the 3DS to sell really well and apparently mario 3D land wasn't enough. Also this means retro just got their game delayed -_-

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I would've preferred that they waited and put in single player vs mode.

It should have been treated as such even before it got to this point. They should have known from the system's launch that they needed Super Mario 3D Land and MK7 by the first holiday season. Having these two games available will put most doom critics to rest. Forcing them into hibernation only to have them return next spring with their usual spew of misinformation.

Hmm. I wonder what this says for what Retro Studios is up to, if they were called away from something for this.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

It's pretty cool that retro studios did all the classic courses. Now that Mario Kart is completed both companies can work on new games. So this article confirms 2 new games are in production. =3

Well it was a good plan to release it this year they needed it. cant wait to play it.

i am excited too play this game :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I thought they delayed the release of Kid Icarus because of Mario Kart's dominance. Does this mean they don't have faith in Project Sora's game?

Love and tolerate.

Yeah, that seemed really clear looking at the lackluster cast, and hardly any modes.

Also, I have this pretty bad feeling MK7 is going to be my dissapointment of the year.