By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is out NOW!!

Tagged games:

Why didn't anybody tell me!?  I somehow forgot about this game.  I thought I actually had a break since I've been buying games almost weekly and then I find out that THIS has hit the market:

• Metal Gear (MSX)
  • Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2/Xbox)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance (PS2)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)

All in one slick package with updated graphics and (some) updated controls!  I've already got all of these games but still, this is a must have!  Though I REALLY want the Xbox version (love me some Achievements), I think I'm gonna go with the PS3 version, this time.  I don't want to break up MGS4 from the rest of the family.  I'm grabbing this game tomorrow!  Who's with me!?

Around the Network

I pre-ordered the limited edition and it's coming in the mail Thursday, this will be my 3rd version of MGS2+MGS3 and 2nd of MGSPW+MG1+MG2.

^_^

Oh shit, I'm with you on that. I am slightly upset they didn't bring MGS from the PS1 and revamp it like they did with Medal of Honor Frontline. Hell as much as I would dislike it, they could have at least brought the crappy gamecube version of it.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

I don't know how I forgot about this game. I was in Wal-Mart today, too--didn't even look at the games section. This totally fell off of my radar. How much is the limited edition? I don't know what comes with it but I know I have to have it!

I've been sitting here trying to decide which game I want to play tonight.  Suddenly, it's become clear to me.  I'm gonna fire up MGS1 on the 'ol PS3 and replay that 1998 classic.  Gotta get into the MGS spirit.  I have a lot of ground to cover......

Im with you.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

Feck!
I forgot too. I have no time for them ;(

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

d21lewis said:
I don't know how I forgot about this game. I was in Wal-Mart today, too--didn't even look at the games section. This totally fell off of my radar. How much is the limited edition? I don't know what comes with it but I know I have to have it!

It's $80 and i believe it's Gamestop exclusive. As a Metal Gear fan i felt entitled to get it, but seeing as how I already have the games, and the fact that I don't support PW being an HD port, I'll have to settle with the standard version. (Not to mention I'll never buy from Gamestop again after not giving me my Dark Souls CE)

e=mc^2

d21lewis said:

I've been sitting here trying to decide which game I want to play tonight.  Suddenly, it's become clear to me.  I'm gonna fire up MGS1 on the 'ol PS3 and replay that 1998 classic.  Gotta get into the MGS spirit.  I have a lot of ground to cover......

The limited edition is 79.99 and come with the game plus a 250+ page art book, and of course the nice box, might not be worth it to some but it definetly is for me. It was exclusive to gamestop and amazon and they both sold out so I hope you don't have a hard time finding it if you really want it.

^_^

Me too.

demonfox13 said:
Oh shit, I'm with you on that. I am slightly upset they didn't bring MGS from the PS1 and revamp it like they did with Medal of Honor Frontline. Hell as much as I would dislike it, they could have at least brought the crappy gamecube version of it.

Frontline was last gen (PS2/GC) but i think it was a remake with added missions of the original from ps1. Either way, they should have included the psn voucher.

e=mc^2