By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 3 Review thread. Meta score update!

Tagged games:

good reviews so far : )

Around the Network

NXGM: 76/100

Worst:
    No online play

Final score: 76/100

Lulz wut?!?  That's supposed to be a joke, right?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

lol Pressfire who the hell has a rating system that goes up to 6?

spurgeonryan said:
NightDragon83 said:

Worst:
    No online play

It seems to be the trend right now to have at least one or two sites that give bad scores. When there are 100 videogame sites and news sites giving great reviews, the only way to stand out in the crowd is to give a bad review! I am sure they will get a lot of traffic now.

I don't even care about the score... how can you tell people that the latest game in a big series that has arguably the most widely played and addicting online multiplayer in the world has NO ONLINE PLAY???

And then at the bottom of the review it says...

Appeal:

If you add 10 points to play online
    If you play just subtract 6 points

What the fuck kinda broken english bullshit is that?!?  LMAO!!!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I'm rather confused as why there is only 1 review on metacritic considering this game is out and it's such a big game.

Around the Network

I think we all already know what to expect about this game.

Epic, explosive single player that runs and guns through amazing set pieces and crazy scenarios.
The same exact multiplayer with some tweaks and improvements
Left-behind graphics due to using an old engine
Nothing revolutionary. Taking from the old and giving it a great new paint job.
Amazing sales and Activision CEOs rolling in money.

:P

Hopefully Activision gets some destruction/scenery interaction and vehicular gameplay going in the future. They really need to evolve the franchise, I think. I wonder how long "more of the same, but tweaked and slightly better!" will keep the series running strong. Ah well, that's why I play Battlefield 3.

Seems like activision paid for the reviews to be postponed? :S why else wouldn't they be out?

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

NightDragon83 said:
spurgeonryan said:
NightDragon83 said:

Worst:
    No online play

It seems to be the trend right now to have at least one or two sites that give bad scores. When there are 100 videogame sites and news sites giving great reviews, the only way to stand out in the crowd is to give a bad review! I am sure they will get a lot of traffic now.

I don't even care about the score... how can you tell people that the latest game in a big series that has arguably the most widely played and addicting online multiplayer in the world has NO ONLINE PLAY???

And then at the bottom of the review it says...

Appeal:

If you add 10 points to play online
    If you play just subtract 6 points

What the fuck kinda broken english bullshit is that?!?  LMAO!!!

If you checked the link you would know the review is in spanish, it should probably transalte to "Non online play" as in the parts of the game that are not online are the worst.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

GI 9/10 http://www.gameinformer.com/games/call_of_duty_modern_warfare_3/b/xbox360/archive/2011/11/08/review.aspx

G4 5/5 http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/64956/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/review/

Reviews seem good. If they can get a higher score then the console BF3s and keep the high sales? Very good for Activision.

It's just that simple.