By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MW3 goes for controversy again - minor spoilers

Tagged games:

Same as the level "No Russian" in MW2, which caused a massive shitstorm in the international media and was probably blamed for the recent events in Norway, it looks like MW3 has done it again, this time however it involves..

Watch the video for awe and effect on this website

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224636/modern-warfare-3s-child-killing-controversy/

I think it's rather sad personally that they have to resort to such controversal scenes within the games to garner attention from the media, free advertising I suppose.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

since the story of mw3 is ass they want to bring emotion into the mix, so they resort to such things.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Its not that bad. No Russian is 20X as worst as this. Its not like it shows blood and guts everywhere.

Its smart imo and they advertising using real actors shooting.

Sales in video games usually are due to great marketing and these guys are the best at it.

join the army
See the world
meet interesting people
AND KILL them

That is not sad?

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
join the army
See the world
meet interesting people
AND KILL them

That is not sad?

That's a quote.. Good job picking on that though.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Well you never ever see a child get harmed in a mainstream video game, so this is a first.
I think its bad but not as bad as no Russian. That is like now one of the most infamous levels ever.

I think its rather cheap however this scene is spreading like crazy and will be on the news for a whole entire week and that is free publicity to the max.

Its seems cheap, but the COD gamers do push the envelope in violence, its better than chainsawing random enemy is most gamers.

About adding these scenes for emotion, you are right. After No Russian you as a character really wanted to kill Markharov. Also when General Sheppard killed you and Ghost you wanted to kill him in the end. The story is not great, but I would not call them terribile. Nowhere near the best but its decent.

I completed it on Insane last night. This bit was quite "shocking", but these things are to be expected in war I guess. Plus it gives you the option of viewing it.

When you see the little girl run away and the van stop, you kinda have an idea that it'll happen, you're just like... "No way will they do this".

Turns out, they have balls.

even more free advertising when people give it extra coverage by trying to criticise it when we know this is actually on the lower scale of controversy compared to other games like GTA and god of war.

Yeah, you know what this does it gets a lot more adult gamers into the game when they see the game on the news so much.

The story in COD games may not be good but I always love the ending where you kill the Villian. MW1 was best but MW2 was epic, you had to take a knife out of out and then throw it into someone's eye loL!!

I can't imagine the crazy end MW3 has.