By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: 63% of PS3 Owners Will buy a Vita

Tagged games:

Will YOU buy a Vita in the first 18 months?

Yes 32 41.03%

Maybe 14 17.95%

Nope im shit 32 41.03%

Total:78

With its official release set for February, the Vita will miss the lucrative holiday season, but this delay won’t be too detrimental to sales, according to a Sony survey.

According to the Sony report, 63% of PlayStation 3 owners have pre-ordered a Vita, or plan to buy a PS Vita within 18 months of launch. In addition, 60% of PlayStation Portable owners will upgrade.

Missing this year’s holiday season will apparently work in Sony’s favor, as it means they will be able to meet demand. John Koller, Sony’s PlayStation director of hardware marketing, said:

Sony has learned a lesson to make sure you have enough products.

Mr. Koller told AllThingsD that, during the PSP’s launch, the handheld sold over one million units within its first week, despite releasing in March. With a huge number of developers backing up the PlayStation Vita, Sony is confident that their handheld will have a great launch.

The PlayStation Vita releases on February 22nd,

Source 

do you agree? 

Around the Network

How many took part in this survey?

are they 100% confident with that number

Well I must be in the 37% then. Already got my 3DS and am happy with it.

I'm in that 63

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

No wonder they don't launch worldwide. No way they can print 34 million units at launch.

lol no

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Well I'm getting one.... But if that would mean that they expect around 30-40m sold in the first 18 months if 60% of PS3 users are going to get one in those first 18 months, but I assume I have misunderstood, as that just sounds silly

RolStoppable said:

So reasonable expectations for PS Vita's sales in the first 18 months are around 60 million units.

undertracked

Even if i'm a part of that 63% i doubt it will be that high.
In Japan maybe true but in west hard to belive as our public transport doesn't support handheld gaming so much.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB