By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Surprise Nintendo event about 3DS online in 2 days (Mario Kart 7 & November Firmware update related)

Tagged games:

Nintendo put on an impressive show in mid September at the Nintendo Conference press event. But apparently they have even more to show.

The company announced today that it will hold the "Nintendo 3DS New Information Internet Presentation" on Friday (October 21). This pre-recorded presentation, hosted by CEO Satoru Iwata, will cover details that could not be covered during the September event.

As an example of what to expect from the event, Nintendo mentioned details on the 3DS system's November firmware update and Mario Kart 7's wireless play support.

The presentation will be held at 20:00 and will be broadcast at Ustream and Nico Nico Video. See Nintendo's page for links when the time comes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So...what do you expect? To have an event it must be something more than just some details!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

No interest??

Well I'm interested, and I do like surprises, but I've grown tired of over the top speculations always ending up in disappointment (since the speculations are over the top there is no other possible outcome...) and so would prefer to be pleasantly surprised over speculating and then ending up disappointed.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

I still hoping for some surprises...

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

I think they need to anounce something to round the 3ds holiday lineup in this side of the world, cause I think it lacks something. they have a killer lineup for japan, but they need more work in the americas and europe.

Around the Network

Hoping for some surprises, but I won't get my hopes up! Hopefully something for the west

Some revelation regarding their online system as a whole, but i wonder what?

Onward comes the endless "they're dropping friendcodes!!1!" speculation

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'm waiting for the 10 free GBA games too, surely they'll reveal the whole list and the dates of the release. But this event is specifically about wireless and online functionalities, and something has already been revealed officially (the ability to add to our friend list people who we encounter through streetpass, and an improved feature of the friend list to see exactly what everyone is doing)...the demos are coming too, and they pretty much confirmed improvements for the eshop. This are many things to look forward too!

I believe it will be only about 3DS new features.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nintendo will announce new features for MK7 but it will be delayed!

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.