By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals games supporting the second circle pad (Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Kingdom Hearts)

Tagged games:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-13-3ds-circle-pad-price-date-games

The eyebrow-raising 3DS second circle pad attachment will cost 1500 Yen (£12.30) and be released on 10th December in Japan.

Monster Hunter Tri G won't be the only game that supports it.

Nintendo has revealed five other compatible games: Resident Evil: Revelations (early 2012), Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D (winter), Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble (winter), Dynasty Warriors Vs (2012) and Kingdom Hearts 3D (TBC).

The 3DS second circle pad requires one AAA battery to run.

Games that support the second circle pad will display an icon showing the attachment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other words, this will be widely supported, and you need the pad for the best gaming experience with some of the big games on the 3DS.

Around the Network

I've glad about Snake Eater, I was a bit worried about how that game would work on the 3DS without a 2nd analog

RolStoppable said:
The market will decide what the big games are, so we'll see about that.

Some of these IPs are traditionally big sellers. How they will perform on the 3DS remains to be seen of course.

"and you need the pad for the best gaming experience with some of the big games on the 3DS."

Needed for the best gaming experience? Could be, but I am not convinced at all at this stage. I see it not that differently from the CC Pro - some people swear by it for certain games, while others swear for those same games by the Wiimote + nunchuk combo, and I expect the same to happen with this as well. We'll know more once the pad is available and these games actually come out.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Macgyver would have solved this way better then nintendo did..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

What Nintendo is telling me is that I need to drop another 20 dollars on top of the 250 I dropped initially and was compensated with poor support and 20 downloadable games I mostly already own. For this I'll get an eye sore of an attachment that juts out from my 3DS (probably rendering my nice zelda 3DS case for it completely useless). As if this wasn't bad enough ... it also requires a AAA battery!? This is not 1995 Nintendo. We have moved beyond crappy disposable batteries for most of our electronics. So now I will have to contend with the 3ds's crappy battery life along with the meager life of a AAA battery as well.  On top of all of that the second analog stick itself does not exactly look comfortable to use where it is placed now.

With news that Kid Icarus is being pushed back to God knows when I think I may be parting with my 3DS until Nintendo gets their act together and offers a serious redesign. I wanted to love the 3ds but it almost seems like Nintendo is trolling the fans at this point.

NiKKoM said:
Macgyver would have solved this way better then nintendo did..

This.

Also, wish for Nintendo that these games could also work without, else it will be a big screw you for the early adopters when the 3DS 2N (2 numbs) will be release.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

bmmb1 said:

"and you need the pad for the best gaming experience with some of the big games on the 3DS."

Needed for the best gaming experience? Could be, but I am not convinced at all at this stage. I see it not that differently from the CC Pro - some people swear by it for certain games, while others swear for those same games by the Wiimote + nunchuk combo, and I expect the same to happen with this as well. We'll know more once the pad is available and these games actually come out.

The IR pointer is a good alternative for an analogue stick though, but the 3DS doesn't have anything as good. The touchscreen isn't good enough and motion controls are unproven as a good control method for something like Resident Evil.

Why don t you not sell the 3DS on ebay and stop moaning?

It feels liek you rushed to buy 3DS just to moan about it, no games were ever confirmed apart from the launch ones.

Switch!!!

All these circle pad games and no redesign? I wanted to get the new model

Now I can't get a 3DS cuz I'm worried they'll announce the new model right after I get one :(