By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Owners: Why haven't you bought Mass Effect 2?

Tagged games:

I bought this game yesterday, and I've already put 11 hours in it. This is the first time I've played a video game for over 6 hours in one sitting because I usually can't manage to game for more than 2 hours, but the game is so damn interesting! The characters, story and overall presentation of this game is amazing and it is quickly climbing up to my favorite game this generation; it saddens me that ME2 sold only half a million on the PS3. I understand that the game was a year old port, but I still think it deserves more. Plus, pre-orders for ME3 on the PS3 aren't looking to promising either. The only downside I've found so far is that you have to install the game, the latest patch, AND the DLC included with the new copy before you play. These installations end up taking an hour!

So PS3 owners, why haven't you bought ME2? Is it because you're not interested in WRPGs? Or have you not been "hyped" enough towards this game? Do you have other reasons?

Around the Network

Most multi-console owners would get the 360 version due to cheaper price & the ability to transfer saves. That leaves the game to be purchased by PS3-only owners. And there aren't a lot of those in America, Mass Effect's biggest region.

Jay520 said:
Most multi-console owners would get the 360 version due to cheaper price & the ability to transfer saves. That leaves the game to be purchased by PS3 owners. And there aren't a lot of those in America, Mass Effect's biggest region.

I'd reckon there are a lot of single console PS3 owners out of the ~20.5 million PS3 owners in America, plus I'm sure there are a lot out there like myself who prefer to game on their PS3 over the 360.  It only sold 0.34 million in the Americas, which is clearly low even for PS3 only owners, especially when a game of such high quality is present.

I got it and I think it's the best game I've played since Red Dead Redemption.
I put 35 hours into it then I started a new game.

contrary to what most PS3 owners want you to believe we dont want it. PS3 users are not shooter fans evident by sales of SONY's 1st party offering.

Around the Network

still too expensive + I already own the 360 and PC version

Xxain said:
contrary to what most PS3 owners want you to believe we dont want it. PS3 users are not shooter fans evident by sales of SONY's 1st party offering.

But Mass Effect isn't first party.

Xxain said:

Mass Effect 2 is more of an RPG than a shooter. It has more character development and options than the majority of RPGs this gen. Also your statement makes no sense because according to 3rd party "offerings", PS3 users are shooter fanatics.

Xxain said:

This comment only shows that some PS3 owners are  misguided about this game then. Possibly the best new franchise this gen. great RPG.

SpartenOmega117 said:
still too expensive + I already own the 360 and PC version

Yeah there's no point in owning it if you have the 360+PC versions. But the PS3 version (most likely) won't get cheaper until the Cerberus Network content expires on Jan 2012.