By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - WTFFFFF DICE? (No PC Server Browser BF3)

Tagged games:

BF3 + PC = No Server Browse???? Are you f'en serious? I mean seriously WTF DICE!

First my Steam is not getting supported, (you know the program I used to buy PC games from the DAY it came out) now no server browse, they are almost making me get the console version.

You know one of the best perks for PC gaming is the server browse in 'almost' ALL FPS's, I mean back in the day it was one of the main things that separated PC's from Consoles for FPS's (- the mouse keyboard thing lol)

Now consoles get Server Browsers for BF3, but not for PC?

I'm just waiting for an article talking about 'Dice Dev miss quoted' meaning maybe you have to exit your current 'Match' not Game and that BF3-PC will have server browse.

Read article below.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The tables have turned. A day after we gladly reported that console gamers would be getting this great PC feature called “server browser”, we can now report that PC gamers won’t have an in-game server browser. DICE’s Alan Kertz has confirmed that in order to switch servers, you have to exit Battlefield 3, and use Battlelog to find another server and join.

Granted, Kertz points out that BF3 “starts up really fast”, but we can’t imagine it being more effective than having an in-game server browser, which has been the norm in PC games for decades — in fact, there’s no other game that requires you to exit in order to switch servers.

Considering that server switching is frequent among gamers, either because of rage quitting or trying to find a better game, or something third, this could cause some annoyance. We’ll have to wait and see how it plays out (no pun intended) when Battlefield 3 is released. So far, it’s kinda disappointing news, but we’ll see how it turns out in the end.

Console gamers now have in-game server browser, while PC gamers don’t. Oh the irony.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

wtf is this shit?

HAHA what the hell

so if I "click" to join and by the time the game opens the server is full, I need to CLOSE THE GODDAMN GAME AND TRY ANOTHER SERVER? hahah how stupid

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Good luck getting my money with this shit, and no mod tools. From what I remember Battlelog was a website. So, webstie -> launches origin -> launches BF3? Are they REALLY that fucking retarded?

Edit: To be fair, the netcode for the server browser in BF2 and BC2 was pretty damn terrible. Maybe they just stopped giving a fuck this time around.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

No worries. I think I've talked myself into getting the PS3 version anyways.

1) I don't have to buy a $200+ GPU. (biggest reason as I don't plan on any other PC game)
2) I've been playing BFBC2 on my Ps3 for a week now and have gotten far better with dual analog controls. (still inferior to kb/ms)
3) The graphics will be ok, the solo game will be the same, and smaller/tighter maps of 24 are not the end of the world.

Additionally, I don't have to fuck with DRM, Origin/Steam, and other crap. It also appears that the PS3 version is the lead console version, so it should be pretty decent.

Around the Network

I don't even game on PC and even I'm pissed off. I know how upsetting it can be when devs decide to take out server browsers. I'm looking at you Killzone 3 and you SOCOM 4!

I wish more games used this feature. Games like Gears, Halo, Uncharted could greatly benefit from it IMO. Luckily, I'll have Starhawk & Twisted Metal to look forward to.

superchunk said:

1) I don't have to buy a $200+ GPU. (biggest reason as I don't plan on any other PC game)
2) I've been playing BFBC2 on my Ps3 for a week now and have gotten far better with dual analog controls. (still inferior to kb/ms)
3) The graphics will be ok, the solo game will be the same, and smaller/tighter maps of 24 are not the end of the world.

Additionally, I don't have to fuck with DRM, Origin/Steam, and other crap. It also appears that the PS3 version is the lead console version, so it should be pretty decent.

1) The money spent on GPU will make my PC future proof for newer games coming out and the graphics that will come with it.

2) PS3/360 version of BFBC2 is an arcade version in comparison to the PC version.  Just play both you will understand, I have all versions with Vietnam packs for PC/PS3.

3) See 1)

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:
superchunk said:

1) The money spent on GPU will make my PC future proof for newer games coming out and the graphics that will come with it.

2) PS3/360 version of BFBC2 is an arcade version in comparison to the PC version.  Just play both you will understand, I have all versions with Vietnam packs for PC/PS3.

3) See 1)

1) I'm not planning on buying any other PC games. Too cumbersome and most games I play don't have a difference as they are built on Consoles first.

2) BFBC2 itself is an arcade verson of BF games. BF3 on the otherhand is more true to the game.

3) Reread my #3.

I know the PC version is definitely superior, what I'm saying is I'd rather not spend over $200 for a GPU for one game. I don't need it for anything else. I'd rather save the money to buy other games ... ZeldaSS, Batman, Assassin's Creed4, Uncharted3, etc...

This is the actually reason I purchased BFBC2. It was  test to see if playing it on my PS3 would be justifiable. So far, if I had a headset... I can live with it. I'm getting more comfortable with dual analog FPS (though my k/d ratio is still bad for now) and with a headset I can get past the lack of messaging.

I've played BF since 1942.. its my all time favorite FPS.. I know what I'm losing from the PC side. However, $250 or so is a lot of money. Its all the other games I plan on getting this year. In the end, the game is still a lot of fun.

So...

MW3 > BC3 for sales on PC?

Thechalkblock said:
So...

MW3 > BC3 for sales on PC?

looks that way  a pity really

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot