By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Ranking Game - Infamous 2 + Some big announcements!

Tagged games:

Which game would you like to headline the next edition of the ranking game?

Final Fantasy XIII 13 31.71%

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time 17 41.46%

Dead Space 2 11 26.83%

Total:41

I haven't completed it yet but I give it 8.9 so far.

Around the Network

Suggestion: Final Fantasy XIII!

I'm about 90% done with my first playthrough...

Pros:
- Beautiful environment. Colors are rich and textures are detailed.
- Possibly best graphics in an open-world game.
- Very immersive story.
- Melee is an improvement, although the camera can be frustrating
- Movement feels more fluid, Cole seems less 'grabby'.
- Getting around the City is more fun than before.
- Powers are kick-ass
- Much more interesting & varied enemies.
- I haven't tried out the Mission Creator but I'm sure it'll increase the games's value

Cons:
- Camera can be weird during melee.
- Missions get repetitive toward the end.
- Morality system is flawed.
- Occasional glitches
- I was over-hyped

Overall, I give it an 9.0. It's a great game. Definitely an improvement over the previous title, a must-have if you liked the first one. Don't listen to the reviewers, the game is better than inFamous 1.

There are plenty of better action adventure games out there though, so I couldn't give it higher than an 9.0. I was expecting GOTY material, so my score may be a little low due to overhype. I still have hope that Sucker Punch can will deliver a GOTY sometime in the future.

Suggestion: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

EDIT: I changed my vote to a 9.0. I've decided that I unfairly lowered the score due to my own overhype.

This game improves on the original in a lot of ways, but suffers from having too many missions based on fighting alone. I think if you play it twice the second time is pretty boring as the storyline is not much different until the end, and only has slightly different missions.

To anyone who hasn't played this I definitely recommend the playing is the hero because the powers for the hero are better in this game and the surprise ending is so much better. One of the best things about the game is the twist at the end were you are required to make some very important decisions that affect all of the characters futures greatly.

The game is also so much better looking visually than the first and has a more appealing Cole. All around it is a slightly better game than the original and deserves more sales than it has gotten.
9/10

9/10, great game, but I feel there could have been some more variety in powers, on the whole, they were pretty similar to the first game, but still fantastic fun, and I would love a 3rd despite the ending

Around the Network

Doing work!

6 replies in 43 minutes!

trasharmdsister12 said:
One more suggestion! Next vote in gets the final one!

When making your choice, remember you have ratchet in the OPs pic. You owe it to him.

trasharmdsister12 said:
chocoloco said:

This game improves on the original in a lot of ways, but suffers from having too many missions based on fighting alone. I think if you play it twice the second time is pretty boring as the storyline is not much different until the end, and only has slightly different missions.

To anyone who hasn't played this I definitely recommend the playing is the hero because the powers for the hero are better in this game and the surprise ending is so much better. One of the best things about the game is the twist at the end were you are required to make some very important decisions that affect all of the characters futures greatly.

The game is also so much better looking visually than the first and has a more appealing Cole. All around it is a slightly better game than the original and deserves more sales than it has gotten.
9/10

Care to suggest a game for the third and final option for the next ranking game?

Shoot i thought yo_muther had been doing this for so long that I cannot think of a game that she has not already done that might actually get enough votes to be counted.

trasharmdsister12 said:

chocoloco said:

Shoot i thought yo_muther had been doing this for so long that I cannot think of a game that she has not already done that might actually get enough votes to be counted. 

That's fine. Would you mind if I gave the option to Munkeh then? 

Go ahead, I posted my thoughts before even noticing what you wrote.

trasharmdsister12 said:
Jay520 said:

When making your choice, remember you have ratchet in the OPs pic. You owe it to him.

It's not my decision! It's all of yours! I'm taking the 3 suggestions and adding a poll to the OP for you all to vote the next game you want to rate. It also gives people incentive to get in here and get their votes in fast. 

I  know that. I'm talking about when you vote, vote for ratchet.

Final Fantasy hit the shitter a long time ago.*

* not my opinion, some other guy's words.