By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--Mortal Kombat!

Tagged games:

Thoughts on Mortal Kombat.

Best game of 2011 so far! 7 19.44%

I love over the top violence! <3 1 2.78%

Deserves better sales. 2 5.56%

Best in the series. 6 16.67%

All of the above. 0 0%

It was sadly disappointing. 4 11.11%

It's a pretty average game. 6 16.67%

I dislike that much violence in videogames. 0 0%

All of the above 1 2.78%

See resulst 9 25.00%

Total:36

Welcome to the slightly revised version of the Vgchartz ranking game which trasharmdsister12 and I will be co-hosting!

All you have to do is put what score you think the game below deserves, and write a brief explanation as to why it deserves that score.

Voting is open for 4 days, after the 4 day period I will count up all the scores and get the average of the game.  The consistency of new threads may vary in the coming days, weeks, and months aswe have busier lives than our once younger, more naive, and definitely hotter selves 

Rules

1. You had to have played at least enough of the game to form an honest opinion about it

(playing it for 5 minutes is NOT enough time, nor is watching a friend play the game)

2. If you score a game 5 or under, you have to go into great detail as to why you gave it such a low score.

3. A game must have at least 15 people that gave it a score to be counted.

4. If you score a game more than once none of your scores will count

5. Users with less than 50 posts cannot score a game unless they have been on the site for more then 1 year.

Last game was LBP2 and it got a score of 9.34

Highest score was a 10, lowest was 8

Vgchartz score -- Disqualified

GamrReview score -- 8.5

Highest score was  , lowest was 

Vgchartz top 12 rated games--work in progress

New announcements and info may be coming very soon regarding this

Next game will be Portal 2!

To view a list of all games from every game ranking thread click here.
Thanks to Blacksaber for the kick ass logos, and thanks to my great co-host trasharmdsister12 for all the help!

Around the Network

Bump

Damn finally a game I've played!

As a Mortal Kombat veteran who's played every mainline game I assume I don't have to justify my score?

Edit - Also can you disregard KylieIlovecapcomandstreetfighterdog's score please? He's obviously just hating and isn't capable of liking MK given it's SF's rival, how petty.

No score because I didn't play the final game but the Demo is nothing special... Meh.

Pros:
A story mode than i never thought i would see in a fighting game
Improved kombat mechanics thats makes it easy for the casual and fullfling for the hardkore
Lots of content & unlockables
The Bone Krushing moves are awesome

Cons:
Glitches
Laggy online
Shao Khan is a cheap cheap bastard (but still awesome)

Score: 9.1

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
Seece said:

As a Mortal Kombat veteran who's played every mainline game I assume I don't have to justify my score?

Edit - Also can you disregard KylieIlovecapcomandstreetfighterdog's score please? He's obviously just hating and isn't capable of liking MK given it's SF's rival, how petty.

What's petty is your reply. He brings up decent points.

As a man that has never been a fan of MK, I'm giving it a 6.5. Somewhat because of the points Kylie brought up, and somewhat because I just don't find it as fun as SF/BlazBlue - MK is IMO not fast enough and, while it may sound weird, not insane enough.

This hasn't been up for a really long while!

Pros:
Nice controls
Great and different story
Plenty of things to do
Good characters
Feels more realistic than the average fighting game

Cons:
Feels outdated
Doesn't bring the joy the old MK's used to give me
Online is way too laggy
Freezes often.
Gets boring fast

So I give it a 7.9

Xen said:
Seece said:

What's petty is your reply. He brings up decent points.

As a man that has never been a fan of MK, I'm giving it a 6.5. Somewhat because of the points Kylie brought up, and somewhat because I just don't find it as fun as SF/BlazBlue - MK is IMO not fast enough and, while it may sound weird, not insane enough.

Nah, those points don't mean the game deserves such low scores, and it's pretty obvious what KD is about.

I refuse to give this game a score because yo_john117 is hosting this. Next time when dsister hosts the Portal 2 thread I shall give that score it.

non-gravity said:
I refuse to give this game a score because yo_john117 is hosting this. Next time when dsister hosts the Portal 2 thread I shall give that score it.

What if I make the next thread too?