By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo of America localized an old gen game, what would you wish for?

Nintendo of America has a history of not localizing many great Japanese games. Outside of the current generations, which games do you wish NOA brought overseas to the Americas region? If you wish to mention current generation games, feel free, but lets keep the topic on hand.

My vote is Terrainigma for SNES, the Gameboy Wars series, the Fire Emblem Series, Front Mission 2089 for DS and Mother 3.

I understand NES and SNES Fire Emblem games no being localized, but there was no reason for the 3rd GBA installment to no be loacalized (Blazing Sword), and the second DS remake (Mystery of the Emblem). Fire Emblem games sell just as well in Americas as they do Japan.

Mother 3 was also the most requested game to be localized. This game was so demanded, that a group of regular people fluent in Japanese and English actually went and translated the game. You can download Mother 3 in english as a ROM, but unless you ship over the Japanese version this would be illegal. However translation groups exist for other franchises too like Front Mission and Fire Emblem.

As for Terrainigma, that game released in UK, no reason not to localize it here.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

n64 earthbound

RolStoppable said:
Mad55 said:
n64 earthbound

That game got scrapped and eventually resurfaced as Mother 3 on the GBA.

lol damn i read the thread wrong. but then idk nothing really.

As a European, I'll pick Mother 1 and 2 collection, as I could just import it.. From a completely objective point of view though, I would say Seiken Densetsu 3.

i wish NoE localized Baten Kaitos: Origins :(

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
You got it wrong. The first GBA Fire Emblem was not localized and it's called Sword of Seals. Blazing Sword is the game that is simply called Fire Emblem outside of Japan.

Wait are you sure? I honestly feel that we got the first and third Fire Emblems, and the second (Blazing Sword) is the one which wasn't localized.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

MrT-Tar said:
As a European, I'll pick Mother 1 and 2 collection, as I could just import it.. From a completely objective point of view though, I would say Seiken Densetsu 3.

So many SNES games never made it over... It's not just the Wii that is suffering NOA's fate.

Doushin the Giant

Which was supposed to be legendarily bad. I must see it

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

RolStoppable said:
Michael-5 said:
RolStoppable said:
You got it wrong. The first GBA Fire Emblem was not localized and it's called Sword of Seals. Blazing Sword is the game that is simply called Fire Emblem outside of Japan.

Wait are you sure? I honestly feel that we got the first and third Fire Emblems, and the second (Blazing Sword) is the one which wasn't localized.

Yeah, I am sure. The main character of Sword of Seals is Roy who is the son of Blazing Sword's Eliwood.

Maybe that's what is confusing you, because in the timeline Blazing Sword takes place before Sword of Seals, but the former game was actually released after SoS.

That may be it, and you are right, thanks for clarifying. I thought I knew everything about Fire Emblem.

That said and done, do you think the second DS remake (New Mystery of the Emblem) will ever be localized outside of Japan? It feels gloomy to me since the game is over a year old in Japan now, and Nintendo probably wants to promote the 3DS.

It's sad because Shadow Dragon sold about the same volume in Japan and Americas.

MrT-Tar said:

AHHHRR RHAZHAHGAGAHAHAH AAHA

mana :x

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO