By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - InFAMOUS 2 Question? platinum trophy

Tagged games:

Okay im trying to platinum inFAMOUS 2. i have beaten it for the good side, and got every possible trophy except for beating the game on hard.

So now i want to beat in as evil and on hard. when i start up the game, it automatically goes to the game post me beating it as good. so i go to the start menu and select new game, and it sends me to the main menu. i select continue save from inFAMOUS 1 as evil (paraphrasing). it plays the games opening comic book cut scene, and when it finally gets to gameplay, i press start and  its preset to the easy difficulty.

So my question is, if i switch it over to hard (which it allows me to do) and complete the game, will it give me the trophy for competing it on hard.

or is there some other way i have to do it, because as far as i know there is no way to select hard before the game starts.

a side question is, how hard is it to complete on the hard difficulty?

Around the Network

Your answer is here >>>>>>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0tE9NVQZdA&feature=player_detailpage.   :)

that doesnt answer my question. its just spoiler.
i was wanting to to know how to ensure i get the hard trophy. because it only lets me change difficulty after the games first cutscene.
So if it allows me to do that, then couldnt i just play nearly the whole game on easy then switch to hard on the last mission.

osamanobama said:
i was wanting to to know how to ensure i get the hard trophy. because it only lets me change difficulty after the games first cutscene.
So if it allows me to do that, then couldnt i just play nearly the whole game on easy then switch to hard on the last mission.

Play both Good and Evil campaigns on hard and you should get the Platinum Trophy.  :)

ThePS3News said:
osamanobama said:

Play both Good and Evil campaigns on hard and you should get the Platinum Trophy.  :)

err... thats not what im asking.

i have already beaten the game as good (i believe on easy). now i want to beat it on hard and as evil.

So when i get to the main menu it gives me the option to start a new game and continue my evil progress from inFmous 1, so i selected it and it start up the games first cutscenes (giving me no option beforehand to change difficulty to hard, as far as i know) then when the opening gameplay is about to start, i press start, go to options then see the difficulty is on easy, i can change it over to hard, but im wondering if by doing this will i still get the trophy for completing it on hard. and if so, whats keeping someone lik me from playing the majority of the game on easy then later switching to hard, and finishing and completing it on hard. will i get the trophy.

see my delema here is, i dont want to spend 20 hours playing the game on hard, completing it, just to find out i dont get the trophy, becuase the first few seconds/minutes started me on easy

Around the Network

It's fine just put it on hard as soon as you start the game.

blkfish92 said:

thanks, a lot.

but are you sure.... if i can just switch to hard right after the opening cutscenes, as first gameplay is about to commence. couldnt i just play the majority of the game on easy, then much later switch to hard.

but anyway thank you

You have to change it to hard the moment you are able to control Cole. Its as soon as you can move him on the bridge. DONT MOVE HIM, if you do then the game takes it as easy. Before you move Cole just switch it to hard and you are set. Good luck =p

I switch to hard difficulty on the beginning cutscenes, when Zeke walks up to Cole. I platinum the game about 1-2 week ago. Love both ending for the game, hopefully their will be a inFAMOUS 3.

osamanobama said:
blkfish92 said:

thanks, a lot.

but are you sure.... if i can just switch to hard right after the opening cutscenes, as first gameplay is about to commence. couldnt i just play the majority of the game on easy, then much later switch to hard.

but anyway thank you

Do what radiantshadow92 said it'll work for SURE.